• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Losing power, overheating, shutting off, after a couple miles

tauteur

Not sure what's going on, but I'm limited to staying at the farm. I have an M1123 with only apparently 200 miles on it, although I believe the odometer was switched out... I went to go about 4 miles up the road the other day, and I started losing power, to the point where I couldn't make it home. Humvee won't go up a small hill, bogs down, and sits. I put it in park and it revs to the max, but when I put it in drive, it has no power. I had to turn it off, let it sit for about a minute, and then turn it back on again to get another 100 feet, then it does the same thing, and I turn it off and repeat to limp home. Let it sit for an hour and it seems fine again. It also died several times while driving, steering wheel got stiff, then I had to turn it back on again and restart. Not sure where to start. I test drove it with my mechanic but it wasn't having any problems, unless I drive it several miles down the road, then I'm chancing getting it stuck. Thoughts?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what's going on, but I'm limited to staying at the farm. I have an M1123 with only apparently 200 miles on it, although I believe the odometer was switched out... I went to go about 4 miles up the road the other day, and I started losing power, to the point where I couldn't make it home. Humvee won't go up a small hill, bogs down, and sits. I put it in park and it revs to the max, but when I put it in drive, it has no power. I had to turn it off, let it sit for about a minute, and then turn it back on again to get another 100 feet, then it does the same thing, and I turn it off and repeat to limp home. Let it sit for an hour and it seems fine again. It also died several times while driving, steering wheel got stiff, then I had to turn it back on again and restart. Not sure where to start. I test drove it with my mechanic but it wasn't having any problems, unless I drive it several miles down the road, then I'm chancing getting it stuck. Thoughts?
Send it to my shop, we can fix her right up…

Thumper580

If you haven't already start with fresh oil and filter, new fuel filter, remove the check valves in the supply and return fuel lines..... Good luck!

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a farm at Marnia Del Rey????? See post number 2....... best money you will ever spend!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a farm at Marnia Del Rey????? See post number 2....... best money you will ever spend!
I wish he was closer to me or my truck would make it that far… lol. I don’t like people touching my stuff, but I trust RWH more than myself. I did amazing work on my IP and cleaned and painted everything that went back on. I couldn’t have afforded to have it done.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish he was closer to me or my truck would make it that far… lol. I don’t like people touching my stuff, but I trust RWH more than myself. I did amazing work on my IP and cleaned and painted everything that went back on. I couldn’t have afforded to have it done.
YEA....... but you own wrenches!

tauteur

Hahaha, my wrenches are so lazy
[/Q
Mechanic came over today and said sounds like transmission.. fluid was on the low. Gonna fill fluid up and see if it works.> Thanks this forum is awesome