• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loss of Power, Could this be you?

Oldsouthernboy

While driving to work a couple of days ago I noticed that I could not keep speed up any type of hill, then on the flats it seem to bog down and lose speed, the gain it back. No black smoke, or white smoke, just power going up and down. I checked for a fuel leak, all lines are tight and clean fuel. Tonight I went and picked up a new filter and lift pump. I started and let the M1009 idle a few minutes, I checked the fuel coming back by draining my filter. I came out in little drabs and dribbles. I then shut off the M1009, and did a fuel filter change. have a very strong stream from the fuel filter drain now. I did a test drive and all seems much better, good stong acceleration and holds speed good in town. As they say do the simple things first, I hate changing out the fuel pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks