• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

loss of power then smoke

Sp0okfish

I have a m1008 with 20,xxx miles on it and when towing my utility trailer down the interstate at around 55mph for about 1 minute I will loose power and it looks to be bluish smoke pours out of my exhaust, if I let off the accelerator it will go away but if I go back to 55mph it will do the same thing. Ive just being going 45mph and it does fine. Around town it does fine I can floor it and it will do fine just when cruising at around 55mph it happens. It also is doesnt loose power when it it just the truck though and no trailer. I have changed the fuel filter to a screw on filter, replaced all the fuel lines, cleaned the return to the IP, and put a new fuel pump. There are no leaks. Also after sitting for about 1 hour after Ive drove it it takes several seconds to start, but in the mornings it fires right up. Dont want to just keep throwing parts at it till it gets fixed.

k9 centurion

Blue smoke maybe means oil is getting to the combustion chamber.......

I take it you have a Diesel Engine?

Some how I think your Fuel System is suspect... only the event occurs under load and 3000 RPM Max Pressure...... not at any other time?

Just thinking it through.........

TM,s diagnostics ?
Hope this helps

K9 Centurion

Sp0okfish

Yes it only does it at max fuel pressure. Also after about 2000 miles I have to add a quart of oil and it doesn't leak so it must be getting burnt somewhere my buddy said maybe because for a while my high idle wasn't working all it was was it came disconnected but since I wasn't letting it warm up that's why I was burning oil.

Sp0okfish

Got to thinking that maybe the hard start is oil leaking into combustion chamber taking longer to start. Next oil change ill put some Lucas in it.

CannonsFade

Was this resolved? my M1008 just started acting like this this week, does not start hard because of brand new glow plugs, but it blows blue smoke pretty badly under very heavy acceleration in 3rd or cruising down the highway above 45. made my 3 hour drive to new jersey for new wheels **** as I was stuck doing 45 down the shoulder sputtering oil smoke out the tailpipe!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks