• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lost a driver!!!!

bratpackdad

Man that's rough. Made me got out and check the fuses on the wifes car. Found a burnt out acc fuse and a melted wire. Off to the dealership it goes. Thanks for the post.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats so sad. thats what makes me nervous about the deuce. I think there is only 1 or 2 circuit breakers in the deuce and i wish it had fuses instead because a fuse is more reliable than a circuit breaker (nothing mechanical). I have read posts on here where something fails and some wires are melted on a deuce. Ill have to read into it and find out more about my deuce wiring. Anything i wire up i try to spend the extra time and make everything look factory and fuse everything at the beginning of the circuit so everything is protected.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
beachbummer brought up a good point. Did this tragedy happen at a truck stop, or another appropriate rest place?

A coworker's house burnt to the ground this morning, she was out of town at work, but her husband and young daughters saved themselves. 100 year old house, with (you guessed it) wiring complaints.

Do we all sleep next to appropriate alarm devices? I didn't feel like shelling out the dough, but when I first got married we had an alarm salesman in our home (don't ask me how i got talked into that one). The sales pitch scared my wife so much that I bought smoke alarms with dual sensors and a fire extinguisher (ion/heat sensors, abc rated extinguisher). Got 'em from the home depot, didn't have to take out a 2nd mortgage to do it.

If I was heating with sources other than electric, (wood or fossil fuels) I would also have a carbon monoxide detector.

Be careful with smoke alarm salesmen, the pitch is pretty much "buy 10 expensive smoke detectors, or you will die."2cents
Yes it did happen at a truck stop! the rest of his immature comments don't deserve a response! I am going to add that this was a gov. driver with over 25 yrs behind the wheel. the name on the truck had nothing to do with what happen! the gov uses trucks from 57 different trucking company's to transport there stuff. its sad about your friends losing there house, i lost my house 7 years ago to a forest fire.I wish them the best! To finnish this you have lost the point of me posting this ! a fuse blew and the driver made a bad choice and replaced it with a paper clip witch sadly cost him his life! If you have a wiring problem find out what the problem is or bad things could happen!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks