• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost air pressure, I think this missing filer has something to do with it? HELP

LORENZ

I was looking over the compressor hoping to find an easy fix like a loose or missing belt and found this missing filter. What is it?

I was trying to pull out my stuck tracked bobcat with the winch and slowly lost Winch power. I wouldn't pull in the slack after a minute or two. I notices i wasn't building any air pressure and concluded that is what was making my winch run a foul.

Is there anything simple I should look over in the morning to trouble shoot the Air issue. It's not leaking and holding steady ate 50PSI. It's just not building pressure.

Attachments

EO2NMCB

As for not building air psi, I'm thinking that your air compresser governor may have gave died, easy and cheap to swap out.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this a M35A3 with hydaulic winch ?
there is no filter there read this thread and the links in it.

m35a3 cat 3116 question

Were you pulling sinlge line or doubled , hydrualic winches will quit pulling when maxed out. P.T.O.'s tend to keep pulling till they break something.

Last edited:

KsM715

Did it stall out the motor? Unless the compressor was seizing up and trying to stall the motor I dont see how a bad compressor would affect the motor, thus slowing the PTO

Edit: A3 :doh: that never donned on me when I was typing my reply. Still unless its trying to stall the motor and thus slowing down the hydraulic pump I do not see a problem with the AC affecting the winch

2nd Edit: in the pic of your motor, nothing goes there where it looks like your missing a filter.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/requirements-new-members/49427-m35a3-cat-3116-question.html

Last edited:

LORENZ

An air toggle switch operates the winch. No air to the switch and the winch lays down.

Could I lock the winch, with that small switch next the cable reel, and use the truck cabled to the bobcat and back up? Or is yanking on a locked out winch like that a no no?

LORENZ

The Cat motor did not stumble, get pulled down, or stall out. I did feel less and less tug with every flip of the winch switch, and could audibly hear the air activated switch continue to loose pressure. The audible "psssst" became less and less till the winch wouldn't even pull up the slack.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could tee in a fitting to charge the air system with a portable compressor . As it is your brakes are going to work poorly also , no assist .

KsM715

I would wind the extra winch line around the bumper and turn the truck around and pull from the rear of the truck.

Can you not push the loader out using the bucket? Or is it just to wet to push against.

LORENZ

We tried for a half hour to get the bobcat out using all the tricks. It's just too wet and I buried it and made slush in the mean time. It's pretty hard to do that with tracks but it's in a small creak with banks on both sides. I need a good tug.

I was cOnsidering finishing my glad hand air line to push air back into the system. I have a co2 tank, but the more I thought about it the more I decided not to inject dirty wet co2 behind the air air filter and water separator.

Tell me more about the govoner on the AC. Any other quick troubleshooting tips?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks