• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost Fast Idle Function When Cold/Thermostat Replacement Issues

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More good news to report. We took out the BWD thermal switch and installed the OEM unit pulled from the local salvage yard. After getting the harness back on and the coolant refilled, we let it sit until last evening (~25 deg F outside). We then went out and started the truck and am happy to report that we now have our cold advance/fast idle function back. Not sure what is going on with the BWD thermal switches but at this point I cannot recommend them. the first unit lasted about a month or so and the 2nd unit was DOA out of the box. Luckily the local parts store agreed to give us a refund on both units.
I haven't had very good luck with Borg Warner or Standard electric switches or parts myself.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More good news to report. We took out the BWD thermal switch and installed the OEM unit pulled from the local salvage yard. After getting the harness back on and the coolant refilled, we let it sit until last evening (~25 deg F outside). We then went out and started the truck and am happy to report that we now have our cold advance/fast idle function back. Not sure what is going on with the BWD thermal switches but at this point I cannot recommend them. the first unit lasted about a month or so and the 2nd unit was DOA out of the box. Luckily the local parts store agreed to give us a refund on both units.
You tend to assume that new parts work like new.
I went to install a three-way light switch circuit for a customer and worked on it for hours and still couldn't get it to work. The customer started to question my ability and so did I.
Long story short and after plenty of frustration: The brand new $3.00 switch tested bad. I felt so guilty for not considering that being the issue, I never charged my customer,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks