• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lost my "Death Wobble" virginity

chupa

"Death Wobble": Driving, driving, driving (yeah look at me, pass me up, its a fake M-16), apply brakes, between 30-45 mph brakes feel mushy and truck pulls to right slightly. Then if braking increases, the truck frame fees like its articulating and the tires feel like they're riding on railroad ties. Its happened to me so often that I anticipate it and once it starts, I apply less or more brake and steer left or right to maybe shift weight of truck to try to stop the wobble. Your first time will scare the **** out of ya, as in..."WHAT THE CR*P HAPPENED?!!" I noticed that the rate of pressure on the brake pedal has an affect on the onset of "Death Wobble" also.

tacticalloader

37.5 with no lift

Hey, tacticalloader, welcome to the site, can we get some side pics of your SECM M1031 with the 37's??? Looks like you did a arch cutout over the rears with no lift front or rear? I'm planning installing the 37's on my identical truck and would like to see what you did.

I use this as a work truck, and the boxes are full. i did not want to raise the center of gravity, so i chose to trim instead of lift. I could have moved the front axle forward an inch or two, but after some cutting there is plenty of room. i did go to air shocks all around to help with level and load. monroe's.
The 37 goodyear radials are pretty nice tires, and crazy cheap. i pay 300 for all 4 with 7000 miles on them. 16.5 rim but thats fine- cheap also- 4wd parts online had them at $88 each.

Attachments