• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost my keys lol

Ranger_J

So, I lost my keys to my truck due to a long weekend. Kinda need my truck for work and what not. Are there anyways to start the truck without the keys, or am I gunna have to steal the ladies tiny little civic for work?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to the local locksmith armed with your registration or proof of ownership and the keycode 73Y2 and have it cut on a "B" blank. Or you could go right to Benning and get a key, I'm sure you could find one CUCV on base or a motorpool Sgt that still has a key to copy. I keep an extra in my wallet beside the dozen or so in my desk.

ABN173

Hey Ranger,

All cucv keys should be the same, get with your friend that bought my old M1009 and go to Lowes or anywhere else that makes keys and you should be GTG.

Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

Go to the local locksmith armed with your registration or proof of ownership and the keycode 73Y2 and have it cut on a "B" blank. Or you could go right to Benning and get a key, I'm sure you could find one CUCV on base or a motorpool Sgt that still has a key to copy. I keep an extra in my wallet beside the dozen or so in my desk.
If your friend can't help you, then head out to RTB area (like where the stalking lanes are) Just after you normally turn left to go to the LZ there is a motor pool (Reserve Engineer unit) on the corner, they may also have some keys since they still have a few cucv's in their fleet.

Dale

AaronW

I want to make it easier for those of you that go to get a CUCV key copied. At a real hardware store(ACE/True Value/Do it Best) where they duplicate keys, Your "B" key blank is better known as a "B49". If you want one with a black plastic head, it will be a "B49-P". Hope this helps.

Ranger_J

lol, ok thanks guys. I grounded my self from drinking for a week. Lost my keys, my phone is broken, and....my girlfriend al though she was mad, isnt mad any more. lol. Pheww. Anyway, thanks a bunch. Long day at work, gunna try that motor pool out by RTB. The guy you speak of ABN173 is outta town for a business trip. Thanks for the help guys and we will call this a lesson learned. [thumbzup]

Mudstone

**** dude.. i can relate there. take comfort in the fact that you didn't have an electronic key fob to replace. those are not cheap. also my local home depot couldn't cut me a copy they didn't have some part to do it. i'm still trying to figure out where i'm gonna get a copy made.

AaronW

**** dude.. i can relate there. take comfort in the fact that you didn't have an electronic key fob to replace. those are not cheap. also my local home depot couldn't cut me a copy they didn't have some part to do it. i'm still trying to figure out where i'm gonna get a copy made.

You need to find a hardware store that cuts transponder keys. Dealer might charge around $100. Hardware store should be around $40. Good Luck.

jimm1009

At the risk of injecting confusion, I understand the loss of the key but this could be a good thing too.
Who the heck wants almost anyone on the military post to have an ingition key and door key to their truck?

Why not spend the 40 to 50 dollars and change the ignition lock and door locks now. You can do the hard part yourself. Pulling the steering wheel and changing the ingition lock takes some time but it can be done by almost anyone.
Just buy an ignition lock that a b-key will slide in to and have it rekeyed by a locksmith. You can buy a set of door locks (with keys) and have that key fitted to the ignition lock as long as the key slides in place.
I still have b-key locks but they are not the same key code as the CUCVs so I don't have to worry about GI 1 or GI 2 opening my doors either by accident or on purpose (my truck is registered without plates).

jimm1009

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't matter if you get in my truck, there is little of value to take. It still requires a CUCV key but you need to know more than that to start my truck, it has a few safeguards installed.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only problem with geting a key from the key code is cost. My local locksmith (only place that will cut a key by code) charges $30 to cut a key from the code. He only charges $5 for copies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks