• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost my mind for a second and bought a 1962 Kaiser 5 ton

Jugg3892

Hi from Vermont!!
My wife bought me this thing for my birthday; my 2 year old daughter and I drove it about 120 miles home, exhaust leak, non working signal lights and all. The baby refers to it as "my green truck". Looking forward to getting the lighting working and it registered.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Welcome from Colchester. If you care to meet some of the "local" military vehicle crowd the annual VT military vehicle show is next weekend way up in Waterbury. Also at the end of the month is the Weare, NH show, a little bit closer to you.

Jugg3892

Thank you!! I don't think the Jug will be ready for next weekend, but please get us info on the show in weare? None of the lights work, or the horn, etc. I'm an electronic controls guy by trade, so I can dehack it and build a harness for it over this weekend, and get the gauges replaced or working, etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
You don't have to bring the truck to attend the show. There should be a couple 5 tons there as well as 2.5 tons, jeeps, etc. Maybe a few parts for sale as well. The wiring is pretty straight forward and you should be able to find replacement harnesses to install without much hassle if you wanted to go that route. Is this the 5 ton with the m135 bed (with the wheelwells)? That one had a 6602 gas engine.

Jugg3892

Yes it is. It used to have a fifth wheel, it was bobbed and had the troop bed put on it. We are considering doing a quad cab (we have 6 kids) to it. I may take my bike up to Waterbury, my Dad and I are supposed to go for s ride anyway. I joined the Merrimack valley club on line too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

garm

Easiest way I've found to post pics is make an IMGUR account. www.imgur.com -- when you upload a photo, it gives you the URL link to use on here. Really simple and easy. And free.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Easiest way I've found to post pics is make an IMGUR account. www.imgur.com -- when you upload a photo, it gives you the URL link to use on here. Really simple and easy. And free.
I like imgur as well.

But Steel Soldiers doesn't do remote hosting. We host the images here, so that when incompetent (or evil, or both) companies like Photobucket break the internet, we'll still have all our images and our threads will still be informational.

So he'll need to upload the images here.

:)

garm

I admit I'm a newbie to this site. But, I've been on here since yesterday, using images posted to IMGUR.
When you post an image on here, it gives the choice to use a URL (web address) for the image. :???:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I admit I'm a newbie to this site. But, I've been on here since yesterday, using images posted to IMGUR.
When you post an image on here, it gives the choice to use a URL (web address) for the image. :???:

Yeah, I think the site (SS) is saving the image from Imgur.