• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost posts?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 months ago a thread you posted a few times on, was deleted by the original poster .

I undeleted it, I have no idea why he deleted it.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this also explain why my Uncle Samuel occasionally pays about $20,000 for a HAMMER that you or I could pick up for about $10 at Home Depot?

Jus' wunnerin' - Is sum-buddy cookin' the books?

rofl
Uncle does such things to pay for "black" projects. If you remember in the past, most of the $600 toilet seats, screwdrivers, etc. were bought through Lockheed. This was to pay for the F-117 stealth program. The Gubmint has to show that they paid the right amount of money to Lockheed, but not show what they paid for. The 'baddies' can tell a lot about a program by how much you spend on it.

Cheers

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Uncle does such things to pay for "black" projects. If you remember in the past, most of the $600 toilet seats, screwdrivers, etc. were bought through Lockheed. This was to pay for the F-117 stealth program. The Gubmint has to show that they paid the right amount of money to Lockheed, but not show what they paid for. The 'baddies' can tell a lot about a program by how much you spend on it.

Cheers
Is this why in the past the when mil. was asked about a STEALTH aircraft program, the answer was that you are full of crap, there is no such program

JDToumanian

When I used to hear people talk about the government spending $600 on a toilet seat, I would say, "Sure... The Space Shuttle has a very expensive, specialized toilet seat."

The same could be said for the hammer.... Are we sure it's just a regular wood handled claw hammer or is it some stainless steel slide hammer to remove rivets from the Hubble Space Telescope?

Sheesh, I can't believe I'm playing devil's advocate on Government waste. :cookoo:

Jon