• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lots going on!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just scrolling through some pics and if you look at this one, you see lots of things. This pic was taken last winter when Bjorn visited me here in FL. The first thing you notice is Bjorns crane at full extension. Also visible are the deuce tractor, the tan cargo trailer and the back of the M887 Dodge. Also visible is the M447C semi trailer and over the back of the tracotr is another M105. In the foreground is a MEP018 genset. Lot of stuff to be seen in such a random pic.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't list the interceptor because I was amused by the mil stuff not the garbage. Westech is right, that piece of crap policing car is always ruining the pictures. I dream of the day when that POS is no longer in my yard. 2 years, 1 month and 25 days and the thing will be here no more. WooHoo! Thats one more sopt to park a deuce. I'm really jonesing for another cargo truck here. I think as my retirement present I'm going to get me another one. Either an M35A2 w/w or an M36A2 w/w would fit the bill. Sorry, no use for the dropside!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry, no use for the dropside!
Yeah, until you buy an all terrain forklift... :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I plan on the forklift! I'm also working on the M118A1 stakebed semi trailer. That will be good for pallet work. I value what little health I have left and I'm not about to drop nuts trying to manhandle a dropside. Sorry, too heavy for me.

rmgill

Seems like a spring or cable winch could be rigged for the dropsides could it not? A small accessory motor running off 24 volts to run the dropsides back up?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of the Airstream, it belongs to the neighbor. Never been inside but I'm told for a 1967 its pretty nice!

rice

drop side

A little oil on the hinges once in awhile and the dropside isn't bad. I have no problems getting mine up. I'm 59 years old and I find it very handy to set something on the side instead of loading from the back.
Besides, dropping the sides is optional, not mandatory. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ooof, try lifting that thing with troop seats. I'll stick with fixed sides. Drop sides with winch aren't that plentiful.

rice

I agree, but since I don't use the troop seats it isn't a problem. My M35A2C had a winch according to the dash info, but its AWOL everywhere else. But I do have one for it as soon As I can get a chance to install it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks