• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lots of deuce pics and a few questions

SpruceDeuce

hey everybody

i made it home this weekend from school and found the camera and took some pics

questions:

1. does anyone know what this anti tank bomb thing is?
2. what does the 8 mean as it is painted on both doors? unit or something??
3. why would the military mount my spare tire without a tube or valve stem?
4. why are the 1 set of troops seats cut short? is something suppose to go there?

thanks everyone

i could not remember what i bought the 1100s for; the dodge, the car, or the deuce :wink:

enjoy the pics

Attachments

ida34

It looks like a fired 105MM projectile. I say fired because of the rifling marks on the brass ring. This is what provides the seal when the howitzer is fired. Since it does not have fuse on it I would say it is a dummy round that they fired for some reason. The troop seat was probably cut so the seat could be folded down while leaving something mounted at the rear of the bed. The 8 is a weight rating for the truck if I remember right. 8 would be on the passenger side of most deuces unless they were repainted in the mid 70s or later. The are not used anymore. I think they were painted on and used in Europe. The tire probably went flat and they put it together just to get it back home to replace the tube later or are you sure it did not just slip inside the tire?

SpruceDeuce

not sure if the tube is in there but i could not see it when i checked quickly

thanks very much for all of the answers to my questions appreciate it greatly!!!

beaubeau

Shift Nob for a Deuce!

:driver: I know what you can use that Projectile for, Drill a hole on the bottom and put in on your Deuce as a Shift Knob!! :lol: Goo0d luck with your purchase, Phil

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Shift Nob for a Deuce!

Those are Five ton wheels in the bed your duece should have six lugs not ten If you are not going to use them I know I could use them for the five tons I have or someone else here would like them. I have extra duece wheels and tires from some of the dollys. I still hope to link up with you next time I get to Pittsburgh and you are out of school.

SpruceDeuce

RE: Shift Nob for a Deuce!

david,

i bought those tires to put on my truck as singles on the deuce rims sorry about the confusion

my girlfriend lives in Mt. Airy maryland and I am down there often is that close to you because i would love to stop by and see all of your trucks sometime