• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lots of Military Vehicles on GSA site in MO - ends Jan 15th

EZFEED

Why don't we all post our GL/GSA numbers or at least have a forum where we can give each other a heads up when we find a vehicle we want to buy. That would at least put an end to allot of the counter bidding I would think. As long as everyone played fair and took turns then why wouldn't it work?

The deuce I just bought was one of a lot of 10 or so at Pineville. Last time I was out there I met one of the guys who won one of them and found out that he and his brother/friend won 7 of the remaining 9 out there. I asked why he wanted so many and he just shrugged his shoulders and said just because. He stated he had more at his house and just collected them or something. Struck me as kinda greedy but then again that's the game I guess?
He might be a member here, I don't know? He towed them back to Oklahoma with his red late 80 early 90 F-350.

It seems with the number of members here there would be some sort of forum or system where everyone could see who's bidding on what and in turn would help keep the prices down. I had to fight ruthlessly for the little deuce I got and while I think it was worth it I do wish I had gotten it for a little less due to the potential work I might have to do to it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted that I might need transport for a up and comming auction. I did this to find the transport and to let some of you know that I would like this truck. If anyone here wants to bid or any joe blow that is on the net wants to bid step up. Info. should be shared.

24-VOLTS

I think that would be cool !!!
Alright I am bidding on the M44 in French camp, no one else can have it !!!!!
I reeeeaaaallllllllyyyyyy would like to have it. Email me if anyone else is interested !!!!

Thanks

Phill

plang@Lanset.com

jeli

I'm kinda torn being in the market myself. I do like it when people post about E-bay because you can describe an item in so many ways it's hard to find all of the items that might be out there.

Gov Liq, GSA, DRMO is pretty straight forward to search.

gmayor

The two 5 tons M52s, and duece went to KLCSURPLUS. Not bad prices, anyone know who it is. Just wondering if they will part them out or fix them up. I have been looking for a passenger fender for my M52A2 for a while.

cucv11

I dont see what the big deal is. This is a community here correct? If you cant afford it and just want to keep it to your self in the hopes that one day 5 years from now you might be able to afford it is selfish. I have no problem if someone calls dibs on an item on GL. As long as its going to a good home and not the scrap heap it really shoudnt matter.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a community available to all the world. Membership not required to view posts.
So a lot of deuces come up on a Farm Auction and they are 10 miles from your home. You go to the freezer and count your Franklins and deteremne that you have about $4000 to spend on a surplus deuce. You figure since there are 20 deuces, you should be OK. You post your intentions on here and everybody grants you good luck. You show up at the auctions and there are only 3 people looking at deuces. You, Bubba from up yonder and 8500. Suddenly your sack of Franklins doesn't mean jack because 8500 brought a dumptruck load of Franklins and he's taking 20 deuces home. Your effort at posting has worked, not a single memer of the community has bid against you on a single truck. Bad news is, you don't get one either because 8500 just happened to be reading Steel Soldiers that day you posted.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a few on my watchlist right now and will only post an "I WON IT" post since the issues are too close to legal issues and I do not need any of those right now. 8500 types are around the the net is not a totally friendly place. I can tell just from my limited time on this site that I would trust my life to many of the members but what Kenny has said is that we are not a gated community and thus caveat emptor.

EZFEED

Well that makes sense too, I just figured it'd be courteous to others bidding from this forum that's all.
It does seem to work well on the other forums I'm on. :)

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TacticalTruck said:
Can you spell c-o-l-l-u-s-i-o-n?
i'm not sure i can.
jeff
Yeah, planning bid suppression schemes in the first place (much less on a public forum) is not wise. Especially when it involves Government property. The Justice Department has convicted plenty of folks in the past. The Sherman Act allows for maximum fine of $1,000,000 (yes, million! :shock: ) and 10 years. I've got better things to do than make new friends in federal prison...

I agree with ARMYMAN30YearsPlus. Bid on it. If you get it, let us know. We will congratulate you, even if you outbid one of us. That's the way it should be. Plus, GL does a good enough job of advertising. I don't feel obligated to help them...

cucv11

hmm..perhaps we could make a sub section to a forum where we can post our needs? I mean other then the classifieds section. Like a GL specific part where you have to be a confirmed member for 30 days or more before you can view this sub section. Just a thought.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
GL has a very decent search engine and you should be able to find anything they offer with minumum time involved just do it weekly or bi-monthly. I tried to win an M 818 and I know the only one who won any was the infamous and still unidentified 8500. I have an open request for contact with them and still no answer to date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks