• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOTS of surplus Deuce in the pipeline

NEIOWA

As some of you know I'm "collector" of equipment for my fire dept thru FEPP (direct from DOD). I notice a big ole pile of dueces coming. Not that many reused at present so many will be showing up as govliq listing in July/Aug.

Right now there are 114ea M35A2 w/wo winch and 2x M36A2 wo winch. Ft Riley is biggest location but also many at Letterkenny and Mechanicsburg. I have not seen this many at one time in the 3 yrs I have been watching the DRMS site. Start saving your empties.

shadow

:drool: :drool: :drool:
I would love to get a regular deuce. I got my semi because I couldn't find a troop type and figured later I could get one. Probably will not have any money when they get listed though. :( aua

NEIOWA

m.walker said:
What about 5 tons or bigger coming up at ft. riley ? That's the closest one to me . Also what about trailers ( 105's or semi ) ?
Nope no 5t at Riley at present on DRMS site.

5t tend to have a higher reutilization rate by fire dept at they make great wildland or brushbrakers an large enough to make a small water tanker. Though there are 10x M813 series semi tractors at Ft McCoy. I'd be surprise if some of them didn't survive. Most FD look for cargo and forget about searching for tractors.

NEIOWA

Quite a few 3/4 M101A1 list (40+) 1/3 of them at Riley. Must have recently returned from the sandbox. I don't follow them so not sure reutilization rate (my guess is very few are reused).

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MEL for M101's is VERY low, so most get DRMO'ed out for minor stuff. Uncle is trying to get rid of the M101's, this is one way to do it with the low MEL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks