• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lots of Wrecker owners on here!

joec

Armada said:
Here's my contribution. This Ward La France was at Aberdeen this past year. Stunning restoration.
Now that is a piece of history..!!!

I love the set up. Like that That is what i want to do at the rally in NJ. I'll set mine up with my M35a2 hooked to the first day.!!!

Great Picture!!!! Rare truck........ :beer:

houdel

Well, since it is finally safely at home with me, here are a couple pictures of the former Highpoint wrecker, a 1957 Mack 10 ton M125 refitted with a M816 body, along with my now puny appearing Deuce! Not great "wrecker in action" shots, but a good size comparison.

Although it doesn't show up in the pictures very well, the rear axle tread with on a M35 with stock 9:00-20 tires is 93", on a M125 with stock 14:00-24s the rear axle tread is 114"! Almost 2 feet wider!

Attachments

joec

houdel said:
Well, since it is finally safely at home with me, here are a couple pictures of the former Highpoint wrecker, a 1957 Mack 10 ton M125 refitted with a M816 body, along with my now puny appearing Deuce! Not great "wrecker in action" shots, but a good size comparison.

Although it doesn't show up in the pictures very well, the rear axle tread with on a M35 with stock 9:00-20 tires is 93", on a M125 with stock 14:00-24s the rear axle tread is 114"! Almost 2 feet wider![/quote

Great Pics Lee..!

Yes i have worked on the A2's. With the 903 Cummins. I like the idea of "SUPER" singles on it. You won't affect the opperation or stability of the crane. With the other tires.

And if you change the block on the end of the crane. It will be alot easier to deal with.

GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME TO THE HOOKER CREW..!!!!

Grease4peace

Lots of great pix here. Are all these runnin' the stock 250's or multifuels? Does anyone have an M816 with a big cam III in it? I think that would be an outstanding team to tow those wagons.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just joined the "hooker" crew. My 800 series is in Hattiesberg (Camp Shelby), Ms, waiting for the EUC to clear.
Just in case something is FUBAR and I can't drive it home is there anyone near me that could recover my recovery vehicle?
I am in NE Ala. About 700 miles round trip.
I'll pay fuel and expences if you can help.

joec

Glad to hear Richard..!!!! Gotta love a hooker..LOL !!!!

Would love to help if you were in my neck of the woods. I have to go look at a wrecker for Crash_AF by me. Monday I am taking a ride to go look at it on my day off. To make sure it is what he is paying for. And that it is all working and such!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks