• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loud clonk while shifting gears

Action

Yeah,
That sounds like a good idea to start with. I´ll have to wait for better weather before getting it out in order to obtain working temperature.
I know my oil level int the transmission is okay, but I´ve never checked the level in the tranny "hot". Only cold when I changed the tranny oil.
Cheers,
Tom
uh...... transmission fluid is not supposed to be checked cold. You can but it wont be accurate.

tomm998

uh...... transmission fluid is not supposed to be checked cold. You can but it wont be accurate.
Yes, I know i´ll have to check transmission oil level when it´s hot, and truck on a level surface and motor running and change the shifter between R-N-D-1-2-3 before I pull the dipstick.
What I didn´t know was that I should check the tranny level while hot....
Tom

Action

Yes, I know i´ll have to check transmission oil level when it´s hot, and truck on a level surface and motor running and change the shifter between R-N-D-1-2-3 before I pull the dipstick.
What I didn´t know was that I should check the tranny level while hot....
Tom
Aren't tranny and transmission the same thing?
Or, are you calling your transfer case a tranny?
You can check transfer case cold.

tomm998

Aren't tranny and transmission the same thing?
Or, are you calling your transfer case a tranny?
You can check transfer case cold.
I thought that the transmission is the automatic gearbox, and the tranny is the transfer case....
English is not my primary language and I thank you for your clarification! I´ll check the "tranny" cold and the gearbox varm! :)
Have a nice weekend!
Tom