• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loudspeaker Control Unit: LS-671/VRC Question

DeuceRoadTripper

I understand how the VIC-1 AM-1780 and its components work. No Problem - But, lately I have been receiving vehicles with left over parts like the LS-671/VRC in them. I connected one of them to a VIC-1 and it really didn't seem to like that idea. What type of system are these newer plastic speaker modules used on?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

wsucougarx

They are intended for the SINCGARS family of radios. I have mine hooked up through the VIC-1 with no issues. I've got the LS-671 cable coming out of a VIC-1 Control box.

Last edited:

DeuceRoadTripper

I used a CX13292 and came out of the top of VIC port to the 671 - powered up - the light came on - the speaker was very quiet even with the volume knob turned up and when I keyed the mic the power light dimmed. Have a couple of these from trucks we just received. It just seems like the 671 does not like being connected to the VIC? I disconnected it right away and posted this question. Didn't want to burn something up by doing this? Originally the 671 was connected to the SINCGARS distribution block on a radio rack in the truck. I pulled the rack and cabling out and thought maybe I use the 671 in the cargo box for passenger communication to the driver. The plastic box seems to be a bit more weather resistant. Now I am not sure about this....

DeuceRoadTripper

I have a working VIC on the bench yet with a single control box and headset. I will try a couple 671 with a 4' cable I know works this afternoon. Will let everyone know what happens... Thank you...

DeuceRoadTripper

Here is what I have – (1) VIC-1 – (2) 4’ Cables - (2) Control Boxes – (2) Head Sets on the bench. Hook up the VIC – power on, no problem everything works fine. Power Off - Replace one of the control boxes with a 671 (No Mic) and power on. With the On/OFF switch of the 671 in the OFF position you can hear my voice come over the 671 speaker if I put the headset mic to my mouth and talk loud. Regardless of the position of the volume switch up/down left or right. Turn the 671 on/off switch ON position and the green light is lit. You can no longer hear anything come out of the speaker regardless of the volume position. If I plug a handset into the 671 there is no mic or ear audio in or out from it at any time. The 671 is dead until I turn the 671 on/off switch to the off position. And then the audio is bad.

Switched out the VIC with another VIC that is working same thing happens. Swap out the 671 with four others and the same affect. All (3) top ports on the VIC work fine and the commander port works fine. Tried them all just for giggles at this point no luck.

The only documentation I can find using the 671 with a VIC is that the 671 is plugged in to the distribution block on the SINCGARS tray. Or the 671 is connected directly to an RT not the VIC. Even the documentation from the TM and link above shows the 671 never directly connected to a VIC.

I am at a loss on this – if they are truly to be connected directly to a VIC with nothing but a cable between them I have no explanation as to the problem.

And before anyone says anything – I did test the 671 on an RT prior to this and they do work...

>> GO <<

Last edited:

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CX13292 cable is not symmetrical. It can only be used one way, the #2 should be right above the nut on the plug, and this end plugs into the 671 unit. Have you checked this?

Bert

DeuceRoadTripper

...well --- there's the problem --- chalk it up to a case of LMC (Low Marble Count) - been testing vic's and control boxes on the bench with a CX4723 cable all this time. Didn't dawn on me to switch the cable to a CX13292 when testing the 671. Seems to work much better when ya use the right parts...

:grd::doh: Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

militaro

I Connect the LS-671 to my MT-1029 with my RT-524 on it, I pur a handset on the LS, turn the LS on and the radio started to transmit right away without any pressure on the handset??? What the F#$@%, I removed all the LS stuff and now the RT in transmitting as soon as I turn it on! Something busted???

Any info on this guys?

Thank's

Jayrassic

...well --- there's the problem --- chalk it up to a case of LMC (Low Marble Count) - been testing vic's and control boxes on the bench with a CX4723 cable all this time. Didn't dawn on me to switch the cable to a CX13292 when testing the 671. Seems to work much better when ya use the right parts...

:grd::doh: Thank you for your help!
Thanks for this information. I tried running a 671 through a C-2298 hooked to an AM-1780 with a CX-4723 cable and had the same results as you. Going to try it with a CX-13292 and see if that works! Thanks!

tgejesse

Old thread but wondering if anyone has had success wiring a ls-671 to a Vic-3 lite system? And if so, how they wired it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks