• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana Rally '11

What design should be on the LA Rally '11 T-shirts?

• Connie driving MV w/ LA theme

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Connie parachuting to LA Rally

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Postcard w/ Connie on Deuce hood

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
those that didnt make the rally and have already bought shirts sent me a pm with a address and ill reply with a shipping quote.

CajunM35A2

Outstanding event!

I just want to say that the Settoon family are some of the warmest and most hospitable folks on earth!

I enjoyed meeting all of you there. I hope that I can finally have my truck there next year.

I apparently was playing tag with someone who expressed interest in my M66 ring. Please contact me if you are still interested.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks to all those that came an made this event happen.. all the work.. all the planning... dont make the rally. might make it better.. but its you guys that came is what its all about.. we had one super great time.. even in the mornings when the temp was low 40s.. we had fun.. good firewood and company makes a great cup of coffee taste better. i have some pics that i think you will like to see..

Attachments

goldneagle

Terry and I would like to thank you and your family for your hospitality. We had a great time and met a lot of great folks. i hope we can make it back next year.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
totaling up all the bills with all the work and we will have to think long on having another rally next year. we are looking at another location to have one.

jluv1185

totaling up all the bills with all the work and we will have to think long on having another rally next year. we are looking at another location to have one.
Thats a **** shame guys! Tim doesn't ask for much, just a lil help with the expenses, and food. Tim, and family put in alot of work to get ready every year for the rally. He doesn't ask us to come grab a rake, or supply him with tables and chairs. All he asks is for us to tell him what we can bring...AND HE RELIES ON US TO BRING IT!!!! This rally has been planned for months. It wasn't a surprise, or last minute. I think being adults as we all are we could of put a lil something aside to ease the burdon on Tim. If anyone has a problem with this post feel free to contact me. This is not an attack on any certain member. This is just a rant to the SS community. Tim, I want to thank you and your family for everything. If you chose not to have another rally at your place I completely understand. I personally will not look at you any different. You have more than paid your dues to all of the steelsoldiers. I'm sorry that it has come to this.
:soapbox::rant:aua:evil:

wehring

OK Folks...

Alright Folks. Here is the translation to Tim's last post. He is much too kind to lay it out.

The truth is events like this cost a lot of money and time. Porta potties, food, tables, chairs, electricity, drinks, ice, gas to get all of this, the list goes on....

None of us are independantly wealthy but we cal ALL chip in. The food items that folks brought are much appreciated but there is a LOT to pay for on top of that. I looked at the donations jar after lunch and it was embarrasingly light.

Here is the reality. If we don't kick in then we lose the event.

In my opinion Tim and Mrs. Pam need to take in at least $40 per truck to support this. I will be happy to share with the group that each year I put up $100 and Mr George who rides with me kicks in seperately. I am not flaunting this number but rather quantifying what folks put up.

If you truly can't afford to put up then fine. I am sure that anyone who drops in and is on hard times will be welcomed. For the rest, if you came and did not leave some green on your way out then you are missing the big picture.

It is not too late. I am sure that your post-rally donations are welcomed. They are obviously in the red with the budget for this event and there is no reason that they should be.

I hope you take this the right way. I am not busting anyones chops. I simply want to see that good people making a great effort are taken care of for their services.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

littlebob

Alright Folks. Here is the translation to Tim's last post. He is much too kind to lay it out.

The truth is events like this cost a lot of money and time. Porta potties, food, tables, chairs, electricity, drinks, ice, gas to get all of this, the list goes on....

None of us are independantly wealthy but we cal ALL chip in. The food items that folks brought are much appreciated but there is a LOT to pay for on top of that. I looked at the donations jar after lunch and it was embarrasingly light.

Here is the reality. If we don't kick in then we lose the event.

In my opinion Tim and Mrs. Pam need to take in at least $40 per truck to support this. I will be happy to share with the group that each year I put up $100 and Mr George who rides with me kicks in seperately. I am not flaunting this number but rather quantifying what folks put up.

If you truly can't afford to put up then fine. I am sure that anyone who drops in and is on hard times will be welcomed. For the rest, if you came and did not leave some green on your way out then you are missing the big picture.

It is not too late. I am sure that your post-rally donations are welcomed. They are obviously in the red with the budget for this event and there is no reason that they should be.

I hope you take this the right way. I am not busting anyones chops. I simply want to see that good people making a great effort are taken care of for their services.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
I want to thank Tim and his family again for the Hospitality, it was an awesome
time and I will dearly miss it, if it does not return. I could make a lot of excuses for why I didn't help more with the rally than I did, but excuses are just that.
Tim has done a great job of making this event happen for the last 3yrs and it
is the only Louisiana event that I know of. Like Wehring said above, Tim's not the kind of guy to call you out. All of the local people(including myself), should have been more proactive in making sure Tim and his family had less of a burden on them and that we shared the expense and work load. I apologize for not asking
"what can I do" before, during and after the event took place.

lady_green

Hiii guys!
I looked at some of the pics.. Man, oh man! I sure missed a great event. The turn out looked amazing! I'm so sorry I didn't get to see anyone. And for the few who I did see, it was nice to say hi. lol But I did finish everything and graduated from college. That's the only reason no one saw me.

Also, although I have little to do with the topic, I do want to say thanks for the guys who look after and stand up for the family. Sometimes things happen and it's nice to know someone has our back. Every year we learn something new. We will use the knowledge to better the rally for the following years. I hope we have another rally next year that will be even bigger than this one!!

Thanks to everyone who came out and I hope you had a great time here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks