• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Love my CUCV and so does everyone else.

Swamp Rooster

Hello everyone.
I have been running my CUCV for about a year now for work and I love it . I log with horse so I toe a lot of weight all the time . My horses are about a ton a piece and my gear and trailer in there..well it is a lot . It can go about any place even pulling the trailer and if it can not the horse can pull it out .. I drive at top speed of 55 and do not go faster even if I can . The locker rear end was a little adjustment this winter but not bad really.. The best part is for business everybody notices my truck and it is something they remember . One of the best buys I ever made for sure..
One question I have is what kind do I have ? is it a 1031 or a 1028...? I am not sure . As you can see in the pics the bed has been chopped of some what.. https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=776b9fb4f82a1e5e3c6b75c8488ede39&oe=55A44FD9

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=d3ec9210a685893edf7eebcea7e04b2a&oe=55E47055 I have more pics but can not get to them right now .. I will try later .. Swamp Rooster
mskin.jpg mskin1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

evldoer

On the vin number 4th character is the GVW indicator. It's an "H" on a M1028/A1/A2/A3, M1031, M1010, a "G" on an M1008/A1, and an "E" on an M1009

Your truck looks good with that box on it. Where around Hayward are you at? Keep an eye out for my tan cucv. I stay around Loretta on the weekends.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also on the door data plate it should have a NSN number. With that we can tell you what it is

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you guys see what I do? It's a M1031 SECM body cut down looks like 30". That had to be a lot of work.

Swamp Rooster

On the vin number 4th character is the GVW indicator. It's an "H" on a M1028/A1/A2/A3, M1031, M1010, a "G" on an M1008/A1, and an "E" on an M1009

Your truck looks good with that box on it. Where around Hayward are you at? Keep an eye out for my tan cucv. I stay around Loretta on the weekends.
Hey man , I am around Springbrook area . That is between Hayward and Trego . I will keep an eye out for your for sure .. I am always around that area working and a lot of people ask me about my truck . Swamp Rooster .

Swamp Rooster

I will look at my vin and see. I does have the PTO but the gear is gone and has a plate bed where the belt must have ran. The box has been chopped to make it shorter ..Swamp Rooster.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Odds are it's an M1031. So far everything points to that with the body chopped off.

Swamp Rooster

Plus i'm a Wisconsin logger, we do seem to have the same interests lol.
Man we need to talk. I have been in and out of Jagd terriers , have had some good Airedales , have one left and may be interested in a Heidi .. This is great man. That video I posted was from a couple winters ago and I was not running this truck at that point but now I got a this one and a C70 1982.. I am also going to paint that one the same green as my 1031. Swamp Rooster .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, that video was great. I like machines but what you have, that's real horsepower.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks