• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lovely oil leak

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mechanic said...

Tiny leak from valve cover, not enough to matter
Small leak from oil pressure sensor, not enough to matter.

Both the above would 'burn off before it reached the ground'.... and be so miniscule that he would be surprised if I was down even half a quart over 5k miles.."The engine will burn more oil than what's leaking out'..

But....

You'll love this.....

Oil filter wasn't screwed on tight enough.....

$&%#&ing idiots at Walmart.... I was slammed, didn't have time...... Well, I'm gonna make time from now on....

Bighorn

That is why i do all my own work.
Aside from having tires put on the rims.
Yes, i bring the rims to the tire shop without the truck.
Had a tire shop break a front stud.
You have to pull the whole hub to fix them.

Glad you found out what it was.
Now take that thing for a spin!

waayfast

Well, at least you found the filter loose on the base instead of in the barrow pit along the side of the highway after the rig crunched and squalled to an expensive halt!

My first wife and I ended up with her Dad's pride and joy. 1965 Ford 3/4 ton Crewcab he had bought at auction from the U.S.Forest service.
Since it was a wedding present, we were very careful with the ol' man's truck. We moved to Houston for a while and being slammed for time and not being as well equipped as we would've been at home, we took the truck to Stears and Rosebuck and let them install a new set of tires for us.

Well, the big city folk had never seen a Crew cab that old and thought it was a custom truck. The shop crew got into such a BS session about the cool "custom" truck, nobody remembered to finish tightening down the rear axle lug nuts. The wife drove it home and did not understand what the wobble and the racket was all about----------------------.

Jim

Drock

I've said this more times then I can count:deadhorse:. If you not willing or able to do ALL the work yourself then your wasting your time and money owning a classic vehicle. Driving an old vehicle is a privilege that can only be earned, not bought. 2cents:beer:

cucvrus

I will still continue to take my CUCV and all vehicles to the GM dealer for the oil change. Not worth the hassle at $49.95. I have all GM vehicles and the CUCV cost me about $62. still not worth the hassle for me to do it. I do the hard stuff and let the easy stuff to a second set of eyes. Safety inspection while being serviced is still free. Along with ALL the fluids. Besides I get to go out and look under the beast while it is 6 ft up in the air. Still passes a ridged Pennsylvania safety inspection annually. No lick and stick wanted. I have a lot riding on that set of wheels at times. Not always but it only take one time. Have a great day and keep your filter tight. I still want to know how you came about the 100 miles driving between a qt of oil. If the filter was loose I don't think it would make it 20 miles. I know first had. I had a pin hole in a plow truck oil cooler line rusted thru and it drained the oil in 15 minutes. Right where the clamps are on the rear of the exhaust manifold. I smelled it and it was that quick 6 qts low. I had just started plowing and checked the oil before I started. Have a Great Day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks