• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low air/emergency lights

profo

Lately my low air pressure and emergency brake lights have not been coming on when I first start truck the warning buzzer works fine and shuts off at about 60 psi and buzzer comes on when emergency brake is lifted/pulled on, looked in TM's and replaced the two low air pressure switches on air tanks but pretty sure this only works the buzzer fail safe box, is there another pressure switch for these two lights and if so where is it located, I also found pressure switch on brake bypass switch on dash , I shorted wires together and also active this button and it works the brake bypass light ok! Any ideas?

thanks marty

MtnSnow

If the fail safe is working then usually its bad bulbs or bad grounds for the dash lights to not work or work intermittently

profo

Bulbs good, ground good I removed the wire going to each bulb and hooked to 24 v and they both light up does the fail safe unit drive the bulbs because I am not getting any voltage to the wires coming in, trying to figure where the voltage comes from for these two bulbs I dont know if it is from two air pressure switches or the fail safe unit, didnt find anything in the TM's yet I am thinking the fail safe unit drives these bulbs cause I kinda remember them blinking and a switch cant do that.

Thanks Marty

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
580 comes out of the Failsafe module to the Low air light and 583 is to the parking brake light. 584 is from the Parking brake switch into the failsafe unit. 578 is from the air switch to the box. 57 is the box ground.

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The one that was spraying water on your tailgate cause you wouldn't get that slow thing out of the way. In all honesty I thought I was following a M928A1 there for a second. Zero to 4th gear in 2 minutes.

profo

580 comes out of the Failsafe module to the Low air light and 583 is to the parking brake light. 584 is from the Parking brake switch into the failsafe unit. 578 is from the air switch to the box. 57 is the box ground.
Thanks finally found the drawing in the tm also it must be my fail safe not out puting or there seems to be if I am reading the diagram correct that one wire from fail safe go to light switch maybe there's a bad connection there do you know if you have the light switch to all off including tail lights if they disable those lights also I leave mine in the tailights on position all the time so the low pressure lights should still work cause they sometimes work, anyway I'll get a fail safe at rally if anybody has one the buzzer still works and I watch my gauges very closely when driving!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No. They gather there power from the failsafe box thru the main battery switch

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks