• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

low charge on batteries at idle?

leisman7

Just replaced my alternator on my m1010. At idle the charge on the batteries was reading 12.3 i felt this was low and i noticed my iddle speed was low as well. Tweaked the idle speed while the engine was warm and was able to have the batteries charging read out at 13.4 for both batteries. Now when i start her up and she runs through her warm up cycle she is idling way to high dangerously high. Anyone have any ideas. My truck has one 24volt alternator running through a ducavII converter pushing out 12 volts. The military had done this conversion priar to me owning her.

leisman7

Posted my first post late at night read it this morning realized i wasnt very clear to what i was looking for reposted and was more direct with what i was looking for. My vehilce has had a conversion done that does not seem to be in any TM'S im also new to the cucv world thats why i am asking questions. Sorry to inconvience you with "double post"
why are you double posting? Time to get out the TM's and take a late night reading.