• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low Coolant Light

NVRENUFF

The low coolant light has been on since I've owned the truck. I've flushed the radiator and cooling system good and refilled with 50/50 mix. Light has been on since but today it went off for a few miles, then came back on. It lightly flickers from time to time now.

It it finally annoyed me enough to look it up and of course Google leads me right back here. I'll check it tomorrow by grounding the wire. It that works I'll pull and clean the sensor. Should be an easy fix. Just wanted to say there's some great info on here and I look forward to keeping this truck on the road for years to come!

cucvrus

Change the low coolant sensor. Less then $10. and check the small little circuit card under the dash. But make sure it is getting a good connection at the sensor.

NVRENUFF

Grounded the wire out and the light went off. Cleaned the contacts and pinched them closed a little so I grips tighter and put some electrolytic grease on. Works like a champ now! With that working now, that makes everything on the truck work perfect like new. Not bad for an old truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks