• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low Country CUCV owner

Liv2Dive2

New guy from the Lowcountry of SC, driven CUCV's for years in the military, so this year I purchased my first personal CUCV, don't have it here yet but I'm working on it. Love your site, has lots of great info, thanks.

Liv2Dive2

Well thanks to SGM Davis down at Camp Shelby I now have my 1985 M1009 CUCV here in the Low Country, Thanks SGM Davis for all your help.

I'll attach a few pics, it's in decent condition, some rust, a wait light that won't go out, a leaking heater core hose and 4 old tires that need to be replaced, but all in all not bad.

I've been scouring the net trying to find the part numbers for the Heater core hoses, I'll attach a picture, if anyone can point me in the correct direction I'd be appreciate it, I checked the TM's but didn't find anything on the heater core hoses.

My plan is to:

Change engine oil, coolant, and trany fluid,
New Oil filter, trany filter, fuel filter (air filter looks like it was just installed)
Doghead relay
New glow plugs and glow pug card
New Tires, and brakes if they need to be done,
Rino line the interrior,
I've got a some rust on the running board so it will need to be fixed, I'll need to weld a new piece of metal in, you know that standard, cut to size, file to fit and paint to match deal..

Belts look good, it just came out of an pretty decent service in Mar 2010, fuel filter and several other parts were replaced then.

Already has new batteries, and a new Gen, thanks to SGM Davis.

Attachments

Last edited:

rbeasley66

One is a 5/8" and the other is a 3/4" hose. Just replaced mine along with a leaking heater core. NAPA cut the hoses and had a heater core for me the next day. $27 I think. I added a shut off valve on the hose coming out of the engine so I wouldn't be putting heat through the heater during the summer. Fittings and valve found at Home Depot.

Nice looking truck, made 2 trips to Shelby to pick up a good friends CUCV as well as mine.

Georgia Rally is awesome, you gotta make it :beer:

Last edited:

Liv2Dive2

One is a 5/8" and the other is a 3/4" hose. Just replaced mine along with a leaking heater core. NAPA cut the hoses and had a heater core for me the next day. $27 I think. I added a shut off valve on the hose coming out of the engine so I wouldn't be putting heat through the heater during the summer. Fittings and valve found at Home Depot.

Nice looking truck, made 2 trips to Shelby to pick up a good friends CUCV as well as mine.

Georgia Rally is awesome, you gotta make it :beer:
Great, thanks alot, I'll head over to NAPA tomorrow, got a few things going, but I'd like to get this thing squared away before hunting season.

CycleJay

Welcome to Steel Soldiers Liv2Dive,

From a fellow M1009 owner, currently in Marietta, Ga.

If you are ever down this way, and need assistance..
Please feel free to contact me, or even if you just want to hang out and talk MV.

Nice looking M1009 by the way...

Good night,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks