• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low Power After Filter Chnage

Kalashnikov

I changed all 3 of the fuel filters and now the truck seems pretty gutless most of the time. Barely holds 40 in 5 sometimes and now I can't even cruise at 50 on the flats. Is it possible I installed the filters wrong or could it be an issue with the bleeder valve? It was running great before I threw in a gas/oil mix. aua

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Might want to pull the housings apart and make sure the gaskets are seated correctly. Its a PITA, but if they aren't seated and letting air in, what you are describing will happen.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What Gimp said.

Did you get mil filters or aftermarket?

The gaskets on civy filters seldom fit the grooves in the canister housing properly.

That's one reason I am switching to Westfolk's spin on filter kits on all my trucks.

Once you got all the filters changed did you crack the bleeder valves and turn on the switch until fuel came out of the bleeder hole?

Have you tried bleeding the injectors?

Use a 9/16ths wrench and with the engine running back the nut off where the fuel iine goes into the injector at the head.....open it until fuel squirts out in a good stream (be careful not to get fuel blown in your eyes by the fan).

Do this after you purge the filters of all air. Bleed all six injector lines.

Just my dos centavos.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you guys HAD to bleed the injector lines much? I have run my truck out of fuel while driving, had it die on me, pulled over and filled it, then purged the air at the secondary filter housing and she fires right back up. I have swapped hydraulic heads and not needed to bleed the injector lines. I have never had trouble with them. Just wondering if I missed something.

stump

This sounds like a problem I had wile working for the National guard. We had a fuel cap with a inertube stem atached and would blow low air pressure in the tank. Found alot of rotten fuel lines that would let the motor start but would also let air into the system. The fuel hoses under the drivers seat are a PITA.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you guys HAD to bleed the injector lines much? I have run my truck out of fuel while driving, had it die on me, pulled over and filled it, then purged the air at the secondary filter housing and she fires right back up. I have swapped hydraulic heads and not needed to bleed the injector lines. I have never had trouble with them. Just wondering if I missed something.
Chris we don't have to do this on this type of system.

Stump yes on 5 ton but we are on the Deuce. Intank working pump will show up as fuel leak along the fuel line from tank to IP.

Last edited:

Heavysteven

When I changed my filters I bleed the fuel from up top of the secondary and finail. Never had to crack injectors before.

Did you filter the gas oil mix before putting it in the tank? I am thinking contaments or water.

Ord22

i never had a problem with the fuel system after filter change. check your lines and insure you have the right type of filters for that housing.

Kalashnikov

They are napa filters 3511 and 3512. It's most likely the gaskets. I didn't even see any when i changed the filters so I didn't put anyback in. The filters don't leak though? Are the gaskets regular rubber ones and what do they look like?

The oil was filtered before and the gas was right from the pump. If the lines were the problem wouldn't fuel leak out since it's a pressurized system? My filters don't leak either so doesn't that rule out the gasket issue?

I searched and found the primary gasket # is 5131, secondary and final are 5070. Oil is 5119. 5131 comes up as a water pump gasket?

Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks