• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low profile military semi trailer

PROSTOCKTOM

I'm kind of new to all the trailer scene, but I would like to know they made a low deck semi trailer 40'-48' that had shorter tires on it than

the 22.5 high rubber on most military flatbeds I'm not wanting a drop deck, but something like a Landoll trailer .

Some of the civilian models I've seen have 16.5" or 19" tires on them.

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure the military ever used anything like a Landoll trailer. Most trailers of that type run either 15" tube type tires or 17.5" tubeless. I've never seen a semi trailer with 16.5" or 19" on them. The M870 uses 15" but it's a folding neck trailer.

We've got two trailers with 17.5" on them and they aren't the best tire for a heavy trailer. We have blowouts from time to time and they wear out fairly quick. IMO they aren't a big enough tire. 22.5" low profile tires aren't much taller and seem to hold up better. 15" tube type also seem to hold up better.