• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

low sulphur content diesel fuel question

iatractor

Back in the day when I was in the farm supply business( prior to 2005), our premium fuel would normally have an additive package that was blended at the fuel terminal. This was back in the day when we were transitioning between high sulfur and low sulfur. Farmland industries (now Cenex Harvest States) had a premium fuel called Ruby Fieldmaster and CF Roadmaster. Both products are still on the market today as the transition between LS and ULSD required the lubricity of sulfur to be replaced. Farm Service has a product called Diesel-X, Ag Way and Countrymark also had premium diesel. Most of the time these products are not available at regular fuel stations unless operated by the farm supply company themselves. Very little issues with top end or injector problems using these fuels. Now the guys who ran straight #2 with no additive had more issues with injectors. As for me, running wmo, or wvo blends tend to insure my injectors are well lubricated. My opinion is for no more than a lubricity additive costs, it is way cheaper to run than replace an injector pump.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I dump a gallon of 2 stroke in the tank with about every fill up, my 250 seems to like it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks