• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lowboy dropped off two m916a3s at my house!

chess

hello all. today i took delivery of two m916a3s i bought back in mid November. man they are sweet trucks. everything works on them no issues at all. i plan on taking all the 5th wheel stuff off. putting 16r20s xzls and swapping in a 55000 series oshkosh transfer case. and have them put pto, 4000 gallon tank, plumbing and pump. so i can use them as a water truck for my business. i have a m916a1 that i will end up putting a allison 4070hd trans as soon as i get it too. maybe next week been waiting on that trans for almost 7 months. also i bought these bad boys in pearl harbor hawaii. i used pasha to ship them to the san diego port. they gave me a good deal compared to the other companies out there. also within a few weeks ill be taking the winches off and all that so pm me if you will want all that stuff or in the scrap it goes. can't wait until they are finished. ill put pics when they are done. but heres two pics for now.

also today I'm sure i won a bid on one more m916a3 in hawaii today ill know for sure tomorrow.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice.

Will you have to re-power them due to the regulations for diesels in CA?

chess

I'm curious how the 16.00s will fit under the newer front fenders. Never seen one setup like that...
They have to be removed and modified. I have xzls on the m916a1 and I still hAvnt cut them but they will fit when I do.

These motors are are the series 60 ddec 4 motors so i will be able to put a dpf filter on them.

does anyone know how strong these front differentials are? They look super small. I know the planetary hubs make them stronger. But they are small.

Last edited:

chess

i own a water truck company we work in heavy earth moving construction. next to 657 cat scrapers ,d8-9-10-11 dozers. this truck in particular is my brothers it was a m923a2. now it has a tank. pump, plumbing, pto. he even put a/c and a loud radio in it.

Attachments

chess

They are not common like the d10s but there are companies that use d11s here. On one job there was two and they were building a brand new one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks