• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lower clearance with tire pressure? M35A2

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My thoughts as well ! Would hate to be fighting a insurance fraud case. The cost involved in that you can build a shop.

hunderliggur

When I clean out the junk in the garage this morning and put the stuff in better order, I will have space for the deuce. Since it does fit, I might as well keep it there. It is a lot easier to work in the garage than on the gravel driveway. I obviously was not using the space well anyway, this is just the kick in the pants to organize it and then have a home for Lucy. Pics later, of course.

TehTDK

You might not want to brag about violating your insurance company's contract on an open forum...

Just a thought.
Heath, some posts before yours he actually says he is intending to keep it in the garage, as the policy requires :), so technically there is no evidence of fraud or evidence of intention to commit fraud.

hunderliggur

We it is in. Needed to let some air out of the tires to get it in today. I saw when getting it in that I can make a simple modification to the trim that will give me another 5" of clearance when I take the vehicle in and out. I have four feet to spare in length of the garage and only had to fold in the mirror on one side. This will be nicer to work on this way. I'll do pics after, Tapatalk says my pics are not valid image files (but the insurance liked them).

Heath_h49008

Just an idea, but you look like you have a good amount of slope at the front of that shed. Have you considered a quick rental of a 75lb demo hammer and a few bags of quickcrete? You might drop that "floor" a couple of inches for a very small cost and not lose drainage. (You only need it lowered at the point the front tires reach when the cab hits the door, and a slope up to the inside floor level.)

I could be wrong looking at the pics, but it's just an idea.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Heath, some posts before yours he actually says he is intending to keep it in the garage, as the policy requires :), so technically there is no evidence of fraud or evidence of intention to commit fraud.
Heath may have been referring to other posters that seem to have "creative ideas" about secured inside storage, not necessarily the OP.

Heath_h49008

Heath may have been referring to other posters that seem to have "creative ideas" about secured inside storage, not necessarily the OP.
You are correct sir! (in my best Johnny Carson Show voice)

Not going to narrow this down to specific people, but if I was the agent and ever received a theft or damage claim, the first thing I'm doing is a search for their names and screen-names to find out what they were up to.

hunderliggur

It looks like I can modify the horizontal trim above the garage door to make it like a drawer. I can then easily remove it and gain 5" of clearance without any tire pressure changes. It should be pretty easy to do since the trim is actually furred down from the header (and I built the house). The garage is the only part of the house that is frame with log siding. The rest of the house is Cypress logs.

coop

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you use photoshop, you can fix the problem.

Take a picture of your garage, then enlarge it. Your truck should fit right in after that!
That's what I like about you doghead, your always thinkin, sometimes it just aint right. ha

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your pictures are an inspiration for Homeowner-Association oppressed suburban members of this forum! Rise up, open that single garage door and squeeze the deuces in, I say!

hunderliggur

That door is 10' wide by 8' high (118x93). I knew when I built the house I wanted a larger than standard door, I just didn't know I would be getting a deuce.

TehTDK

You are correct sir! (in my best Johnny Carson Show voice)

Not going to narrow this down to specific people, but if I was the agent and ever received a theft or damage claim, the first thing I'm doing is a search for their names and screen-names to find out what they were up to.
I consider myself corrected. My apologies

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks