• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lower headlight location

grounded

Banned
some WO/W trucks was set up this way then switched to the higher location once the winch was installed. Either way just pull them out flip them to the top and your good to go

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winch and w/o winch trucks originally built prior to 1966?? had the headlight panels which could be flipped. Correct me on the exact date everyone . . .

littlebob

Dare to be different! Mine has the low lights and I'm sticking to it. The early models were reversible but from what I understand the later models were not. Beware of trying to undo the mounting of these as the metal stud comes apart from the rubber cushion pretty easily.
I had to use super glue gel to put most of mine back together.
littlebob

emr

My 67 Kaiser had em on top.....I think it was earlier? and as for anything Military saying something that was done in a way only certain years never seems to hold true, How many plants made em? maybe not all were done the same in each plant at certain times...maybe a parts inventory was used up in another run, this is true with the tailgate hooks, I have seen the early ones on some 900 series trucks, after all they were made in the same plants...i do know the original REO design had em on the bottom, and they started out that way, and the later design was all on top for sure, but there may be conflicting years of manufature to types, as it is a contract set of dates not a year by year thing like an auto manufacture, But they just made so many darn deuces they sure seem to be made every year...

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck isn't here to go look at but, I believe any truck can be swapped to the lower position. I seem to remember if the headlight panels were swapped left to right and turned upside down it would work.

steelandcanvas

Dare to be different! Mine has the low lights and I'm sticking to it. The early models were reversible but from what I understand the later models were not. Beware of trying to undo the mounting of these as the metal stud comes apart from the rubber cushion pretty easily.
I had to use super glue gel to put most of mine back together.
littlebob
Hey Littlebob, just in case you break another headlight vibration dampner, someone here found them in a McMaster-Carr Catalog. Sweet find, I would of never thought you could find such a specialized item.

Maverick1701

So if the lights were placed in the bottom mounting location, the blackout light is placed in the upper mounting location, right? How does that effect the already minimal light spread while driving w/the BO? I would think the slightly larger light spread would make it easier to see while driving w/the BO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks