• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lower Number fuel button/PYRO install

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I ordered mine from a little local truck shop, I will have to see if I can find the invoice. The problem is that you have to find a OLD TIME PARTS GUY to order something like the buttons, ALL the parts guys now days want a p/n, the motor id, ip id, and build group in order to order anything, It does not matter if you bring a part in in you hand to show them what you are looking for, all you get is a deer in the headlights look and a "duh, I cannot get a part by you showing me what you need, I will need ----, -------, ect."

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the injector is not allways open but opens at a point in time then it would seem that a higher pressure along with flow it would fill quicker. So if by doing the duel fuel mod we lose some pressure then it would seem to reason we need to get the pressure back up to specs or a safe amount above specs.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If the injector is not allway open but opens at a point in time then it would seem that a higher pressure along with flow it would fill quicker. So if by doing the duel fuel mod we lose some pressure then it would seem to reason we need to get the pressure back up to specs or a safe amount above specs.
The injectors in these trucks are driven from the cam. So increasing the pressure just forces more volume into the injector during the injection event.

I have a dual line setup on my truck. I haven't changed the button, but I felt more power out of it. Not a lot mind you. But it does seem smoother. A button is the next on the list to do. Also, as with boost. Pressure isn't a indication of flow. It's a indication of restriction. I'd rather have 180psi of flow through a dual line feeding both directions than I had 200psi from the front alone.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I removed the check ball and turned it 1/8 of a turn even before I did the line mod. Didn't touch it after the line mod though.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am with patracy post #20 I would like to know if anyone has found part #'s or if someone could get a supplier and we could buy off of here what we would like on the buttons.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I will go by where I ordered my button, see if I can get some numbers, I think I goggled fuel button to find what I was looking for as far as a button drop because it has been so long since I have been in a cummins ip. that I had to refresh my memory.

aheilmann68

I will look at the buttons I took out when I get a chance. I remember them being laser etched to the side and the last two indicated the #. You could use your CPL number, call a cummins parts distributor and thell them you need the idle plunger/ regulator plunger. I deleted my oreder email from where I ordered them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I found this....

http://www.dpausa.com/pdf/cummins_prices.pdf

DP-141623 IDLE PLUNGER (5)
DP-141624 IDLE PLUNGER (7)
DP-141625 IDLE PLUNGER (10)
DP-141626 IDLE PLUNGER (12)
DP-139894 IDLE PLUNGER (15)
DP-140417 IDLE PLUNGER (17)
DP-141629 IDLE PLUNGER (20)
DP-141630 IDLE PLUNGER (22)
DP-141631 IDLE PLUNGER (25)
DP-141632 IDLE PLUNGER (27)
DP-141633 IDLE PLUNGER (30)
DP-141634 IDLE PLUNGER (32)
DP-140922 IDLE PLUNGER (35)
DP-140418 IDLE PLUNGER (37)
DP-140923 IDLE PLUNGER (42)
DP-140924 IDLE PLUNGER (47)
DP-140925 IDLE PLUNGER (48 )
DP-139618 IDLE PLUNGER (52)
DP-139619 IDLE PLUNGER (55)
DP-140926 IDLE PLUNGER (57)
DP-140927 IDLE PLUNGER (60)
DP-141636 IDLE PLUNGER (62)
DP-141637 IDLE PLUNGER (65)
DP-141638 IDLE PLUNGER (67)
I assume these are the buttons?

Edit: yes, they are. I used the #20 button and omitted the leading designation and found it online. From that other link.

http://www.dieselpartsdirect.com/Products/194217-ds141629.aspx

jarhead1086

I received my buttons and they had the #22 and #20 printed on the package next to the part number above. We should add these to the parts spreadsheet that was started on the 5 tons. The spreadsheet is a handy thing to print and keep in the operators TM which stays in the truck. I have also read other threads recently with some PN's that could be added. Now I need to decide if I want to get brave and pull the cover the plunger sits under without removing the PT. Trying to minimize the chance for contamination and collateral damage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks