• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lowered M105..........Pics

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hang up your phone, and fire up your computer!:p

3dAngus

I couldn't get on SS a half hour ago. Might have been my internet connection, but diagnostics said it could not see the site.

Are you familiar with the size restriction? You might have to lower the overall size of the pictures in a bitmap editor or imaging software. I usually just lower them to 800X600 in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, but almost any picture editor would do.

3dAngus

WOW! I doesn't look like it has any springs.

Might work OK if you don't haul anything but air. Tires are almost rubbing against the wheel well. What is the intended purpose?

Truckoholic

I was considering trying the same thing on my M105 to make it a bit more normal size pickup friendly. I hate it when the trailer is leaning way forward when hooked to the tow vehicle! I'm betting he just did an axle flip and put the axle ontop of the leaf springs huh? Not much tire clearance in the wheel wells that's for sure! If the suspension doesn't give much it wouldn't be a problem. But there is so little room between the top of the axle and the frame of the trailer when the axle is ontop of the leaf springs, that the springs would not be able to compress much at all before the axle comes in contact with the frame or bump stop. That right there would stop any tire clearance problems, because the tires wouldn't even be able to contact the wheel wells no matter how much weight you put in there.

Interesting. I'll have to look at mine closer.

strycnine

It looks like he just put the axle on top of the springs. The axle is hitting the frame.....wonder what kind of effect that will have?

He has another one with 3000 pounds of sand on it and he said it pulls fine.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why on earth would you lower a 105..? Do you have a raked truck.? The trailer is unitarian all by it's self, and I just don't get this one. The more weight you can haul the better. IMO.

strycnine

Why on earth would you lower a 105..? Do you have a raked truck.? The trailer is unitarian all by it's self, and I just don't get this one. The more weight you can haul the better. IMO.

He's said a cotton farmer wanted one done like that then he never came to buy it.

He has half a dozen of them, so he has others if he needs to load one heavy.

I got one from him a couple days ago.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since the bolt pattern is the same as the Bolster trailer I am thinking you could lower one by swapping out the tires and rims. I have the tires left from the one I scrapped out....I may check it for fit one day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks