• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LS-454 Volume

Jcroessl

Finally after many months of searching I finally acquired all the components to put together a Vic-1 system in my pinzgauer. Everything works great but I was surprised by the lack of volume coming from the ls-454. It’s almost impossible for passengers to hear me if I’m using a h-161. The only thing that seems to partially work is if I’m yelling into a m80 microphone. Is that normal or did I do something wrong?.

papakb

It sounds like the A80 mic amp module in your 2298 box may be bad. Try exchanging the crew boxes and see if that helps.

Jcroessl

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried three different crew boxes and get the same result. I either have 3 bad crew boxes or something else is going on. How loud should the LS-454 be? Should passengers easily be able to hear while the vehicle is running?

papakb

If you look at the installation drawings for the VIC-1 you don't see speakers because the system is designed to work with CVC helmets and various headsets and mics. The amp really isn't designed to drive speakers. There are a couple solutions for your problem though. One is to use the LS-671 amplified speaker used in later systems or build up an LS-454 with an amp in it. I build amplified speakers for the PRC-25/77 radios and I could build one up for you with the connector to connect into the VIC-1. PM me if your interested. I'm in San Jose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks