• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lssv cucv

Anyone familiar with the LSSV CUCV? That 24 volt system looks very crowded... Also with a 9200GVW (for a 3/4 ton crew cab) and a heavier tare weight it looks like it will haul less than the old CUCV's. Not to mention that there are seats for 5 but rifle holders only for 2...

Last edited:

Jersey4x4

That truck has been around on the eBay and many other auction sites for the past few years. If I remember correctly it was a custom built truck and was never intended for real use, mostly display and marketing for the air force. There were problems with the electrics and many other issues. Also if I recall the 24v system was completely separate and used a relay to connect the 12v side to another 12v battery to make the slave system work. I do know this uses the same soft top as the CUCV M1008. I sell allot of them.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone familiar with the LSSV CUCV? That 24 volt system looks very crowded... Also with a 9200GVW (for a 3/4 ton crew cab) and a heavier tare weight it looks like it will haul less than the old CUCV's. Not to mention that there are seats for 5 but rifle holders only for 2...
New to me and that one on eBay looks good - though "pricey" (so far...)

:grin:

Jersey4x4

it is factory for dual alternators. It is an option that is mostly used for ambulances and fire trucks. Same with ford, dual alt option.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New to me and that one on eBay looks good - though "pricey" (so far...)

:grin:
2005 3500HD chevy duromax with allison 6 speed to pricey not at all cheap as for live auction I think if there is no link to it then I guess we can talk about it but I may be wrong.
Maybe Doghead or one of the Mod? will chime in.aua

Midnight Rider

The 1009 would seat 5 but only has rifle holders for 2.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
I would trade my M274A2 mule and my m1009 blazer, M1 grand, and my M1 carbine for this ....:( **** i hate people with money only because i wish i had it

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Anyone know where to connect the wires on the 24V alternater of a 2004 LSSV?
This is my 2005 LSSV. 24volt alternator is on the left side of engine. The wire pictured goes to the neg terminal on the drivers side battery.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

I searched for a new 24 V alternator when I first got to LSSV. Just so that I could have a spare.
I think the price I found was around $600 but there was none available.

A good alternator repair shop should be able to fix the 24 V alternator you just might have to shop around to find the right one.

But if you do find a place let me know just for future references.

Jeff Yost

I searched for a new 24 V alternator when I first got to LSSV. Just so that I could have a spare.
I think the price I found was around $600 but there was none available.

A good alternator repair shop should be able to fix the 24 V alternator you just might have to shop around to find the right one.

But if you do find a place let me know just for future references.
I thought it was an isolated 12v like the cucv?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks