• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lssv

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is one privately owned here in Oklahoma city

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

These two were up by Jacksonville, FL a few weeks ago. They belong to the Navy.

Attachments

These CUCV-III's are designated COMBATT (commercially based combat truck). I just saw a slightly newer (2007-present) model Silverado. Didn't get a real good look at it though. It was black with a grill guard and a blackout light on the grill guard. I wasnt sure what to make of it.

martindc1

I drive one similar to those at work that is pretty nifty. It has a 6 speed manual. It originally came from wildland fire management, I think the government bought a batch of them at one time. It is pretty stripped down the way I like it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am guessing who owns them might determine what the acronym is. The Navy calls them LSSV's not COMBATT. We had a few of them when I was at HM-15 in Corpus. Very nice trucks!!!

I did a little bit more research. LSSV = light service support vehicle...which sounds like its the modern CUCV. The COMBATT is a lightly armored version or Commercial Based Tactical Truck, which Canada calls the MILLCOT. I'm sure there isn't a whole lot of difference between the armored/nonarmored versions.

Anyone know anything about the newer model Silverado versions? Or if this black one I saw was a Military Police or special forces type truck...maybe just a one off.

joeman_80128

I know that GM also made a model called a E.M.P that was like the LSSV trucks but with out the 24v and all that stuff but still had the Hummer wheels and a nasty looking grill guard and some better suspension stuff ( the E.M.P stands for enhanced mobility package) My little brother actually had one for about a year that he bought off a guy in Texas that sells old border patrol trucks. That might have been the black one that you saw.

I know that GM also made a model called a E.M.P that was like the LSSV trucks but with out the 24v and all that stuff but still had the Hummer wheels and a nasty looking grill guard and some better suspension stuff ( the E.M.P stands for enhanced mobility package) My little brother actually had one for about a year that he bought off a guy in Texas that sells old border patrol trucks. That might have been the black one that you saw.
Sounds pretty cool. I wish I could've gotten a better look at the one I saw, and some pictures. These trucks look pretty mean, I'd take one for sure.

combatmech

I am guessing who owns them might determine what the acronym is. The Navy calls them LSSV's not COMBATT. We had a few of them when I was at HM-15 in Corpus. Very nice trucks!!!
Before I left Norfolk, HM15 had been turning in the older LSSV's to the DROM. The mine side had several newer LSSV's. Nice trucks. Too much chrome on the dash... The aircraft side also had a really nice CUCVII pick-up. Some how it ended up with chrome after-market rims and bigger tires.

joeman_80128

I'll ask my little brother if he has any of the part numbers for all that stuff. His owners manual had some of the G.M part numbers and all that for the E.M.P but I don't know if he still has them/knows how to get them directly from G.M. Man I was pissed when he traded his in for a '08 crew cab d-max GMC!