• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT. Dan M35a2 Modification Thread

I messed with the freakin horn for two hours today. I ran a pair of jumper cables to the air solenoid and that works..... but I'm not getting any juice at the button. I followed the wire from the button in the steering wheel down through the steering column and our out the bottom. The connection looks good, but then it goes into a harness and I can't follow where it goes from there..... I'm stumped..... Any ideas?

Well once it gets warm all the fluids..... I was going to grease it today but I just got to cold it wasn't much above 20° out. Full Filter change too, air filter is brand new so I'm god there. I gotta get the horn working and I wanted to take it to get inspected next weekend but I think I'm going to have to wait cause both right rear axle seals are leaking pretty good. So I guess I'm going to see if my mechanic will let it slide cause I'm bobbing the truck. I found a local guy with a hard top and windshields for $300 so I'm going to get that next weekend. I cracked my passenger side window pretty good today moving it in and out.

In the spring I need to do some body work under the rear of the front fenders..... rotted out a bit. Then it's getting a flat dark Grey paint job.

Here's my full list I have started ......

Jump wires for markers 491 & 21
Welder Cables
Exhaust Muffler
Snorkel*
Mirrors
Turn Fuel Up
Air Tank
Air Horns*
Grab Handles
Fire Extinguisher
Seats Sleeve Air Spring
Shifter Boots
Door Locks
Brake Lock
Over Head Console
Cb & Antennas
Heater In Cab
Wiper Upgrade
12v Alternator
Electric Fan
Receiver Hitch
Light Mount*
Marker Lights
Coolant Filter
Remote Brake Reservoir*
7" H4 Headlight

eagle4g63

Figured I would try to help with your horn.......at the steering wheel the wire in there is the ground, so you won't get "juice" there. Check at the horn itself if one of those wires is 24 volt, the other wire will lead through the harness back to the bottom of the steering column.....if you aren't getting power at the horn itself next check the small breaker on the firewall, drivers side by the column, will be oval, 2 screws holding it on and 2 wires....you can pull them off and make sure one of them is getting 24 volts, plug that one back in and check the other side of the breaker to see if 24 volts is going through it.....if not you need a new one of those......if all that checks out and still nothing then take the wire at the bottom of the steering box and touch it to ground....horn should blow, if it does than the problem is either in the horn button or the wire going up the column is broke.

Yes thank you very much I was just searching through the tm..... I figured it was like any other switch.... button sent juice to the horn.... I'm going out to check it right now lol

20140209_162807.jpgOk maybe I'm not lol. I'll pull It in the shop tomorrow after work and mess with it.

I think I also decided I'm going to put a muffler on it.... it sounds oh so good the way it is but the days of fast and loud are done and over with for me.....

Last edited:

eagle4g63

The horn gets power ALL the time, if you look into the wire diagram you will see it is the ONLY circuit with a breaker.....so even with your power off you should find 24 volt on one of the wires at the horn itself....if not check the breaker.....

eagle4g63

Boy looks like you have as much snow as I got.......I had to drain and flush my whole fuel system Friday out in my driveway(was only 7 degrees out!!)......D@#M neighbor spiked my fuel tank....no proof it was him but we have been having a small feud for the last couple of months....so put 2 and 2 together....my next mod this week is locking my fuel cap!!!!

Well right now it's about 12" of solid ice.

Yeah my neighbor is jerk too..... He was crouching behind his truck last night when I came home watching..... He took me to the township last year for riding atvs on our property. So I'm sure he's loving the deuce. I better not ever catch him messing with my truck or my little black buddy will be pointed at him till the cops show up. He's one reason I opted for full coverage on my truck.

skinnyR1

Nice! Your to do list looks something like mine. I wish I could get cheap parts, any parts for that matter, locally.

Looks like a real nice truck. Congrats.

dmetalmiki

Congratulations on your journey completion. And it was nice to hear of the courtesy extended to you and the compliments from the law officer. Happy days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks