• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT. Dan M35a2 Modification Thread

Ok so the muffler is done. And I must admit me my son and my wife went to work to drop off my m105 to start cutting it up next week then out to dinner in the deuce then for a 30 minute ride..... I like the muffler. It seems to be breaking in so it is sounding better and better. The truck seems to run better too Idk if that's just me or what but it just seems to pick up and go better. Also finished my mirrors and Cb antennas..... no shake looks better too. Sight isn't the best but once the m105 bed is on it should be perfect. And omg I love my hard top so much!!!!! It's warmer and keeps the air out. I can't wait to get it insulated and installed some 6x9's in the corners with my stereo.....

Attachments

Ok so between the jim thorpe show and being drug to a party by my wife I quick got my headlights swapped. I already did the harness earlier. That was easy.... the one thing I didn't like was the H4 plugs weren't tight. If I have any problems I'm just going to use spade connectors. Now even with stock bulbs hardly any of the screws fit close enough to grab the bucket. So I grabbed some 1/4-20x1" socket cap screws and bingo golden. At the prices of oem bulbs compared to this conversion it was a no brained for me...

Attachments

I know but both low beams burnt out already.... I've been driving around with high beams on. Well for the prices I've seen bulbs and hearing about then burning out right away I think this was well worth it. It was $45 off ebay and $4 for a pair of plug ends. So I have $50 into it. They look much brighter during the day then the old sealed bulbs. I'm still out with the wife but when I get home I'm going to check them out in the dark. Plus I think they look freakin awesome.

Got the other window swapped out today and both civy wipers on and man do they work good.... Also temporarily sealed the windows with duct tape. Also wired license plate light and got the dash lights working good.

My dumb brother in law decided he needed to pull his boat out today cause the snow caved in the windshield. Let's just say his dodge couldn't pull it out of the snow and ice. I still have around a foot of snow and ice in spots..... started out easy then I just yanked and out she came...... notch one for the deuce. My dad said I should make a board on the back of the cab of all the trucks I pull out like a fighter plane has when they shoot down planes and we have a rifle that has a notch for every animal it's killed.... I think it's a good idea.... and I'm going to do it..... Anyway the wife shot the video don't mind the kids yelling lol

also I had to drop off my jeep at the dealership to get ball joints put in it so I'll be driving the deuce to work this week. Took it to run some errands today and I guess the muffler works good cause my daughter fell asleep on the way home lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LejmC8Z2teU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Attachments

bonedoc

Looks great, you don't realize how much you were pulling out till the end of the video. Truck is coming along. I like the lights, were the dash bulbs difficult to change?

Piece of cake.... All it i had to do was change the bulbs..... they are a little shorter and brighter then the stock ones.

Next few things on the list are going to be a pain.... All the coolant hoses need changed so I ordered the hoses and new belts too. While I have it apart I'm going to do the fuel lines on the return side and bypass the fdc install my pyro and boost am gauges turn up the fuel and install my 12v system. The rest of the solenoids and circuit breaker should be here this week. Here's the 12v gauge I grabbed out of a scrap Ottawa. It matches the other gauges perfect bezel and all. I ordered a red bulb for it too. It will be installed over the high beam indicator and that will go in the middle of the dash.

Once i do the 12v system I'll be able to install my federal signal light bar and stereo and Cb plus some other goodies.

Attachments

bonedoc

Looks good. Is there a big advantage in adding a 12V system..or converting to a 12V? Are you going to swap the filters, oil and fuel, out for a quick change spin off system. I plan on doing them when I get mine.

I'm not switching to 12v just adding a seperate system. The biggest reason is cause I'll be adding a 12v winch front and rear later on. The first time around I'm going to do the stock filters but I'll be saving for the spin oil filter kit and I'll be making my own primary filter setup. As far as the secondary and final they will probably stay the way the are.

bonedoc

Gotcha, I like the hardtop on yours as well. Glad to hear you like it, hope that when I get one it has a hardtop but if not...then i'll be looking around for one.

Yeah hardtop is great..... I'd look for one with it though if I had to do it again.... but I got a smoking deal on mine only paid $200 for it. It doesn't have a sliding rear window though. I'll fix that eventually.