• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT. Dan M35a2 Modification Thread

No I'm bobbing the truck....

Got a few things done today but it's too cold out and I missed the flyers kicking the penguins ass yesterday so I wanted to watch it again today lol

I drilled a hole in the middle of the heater controls and mounted the switch in there. I had to cut and extend the wire from the circuit breaker for power and move the resistor. In my opinion it should have been like this from the factory. It's so clean and compact no extra mounts under the dash. I also wired the boost and pyro illumination. I'll get more pictures tonight.

I then added the ignition switch. This goes along with me trying to secure the truck along with the door locks. Yes it can be easily jumped but it's more of a obstacle then security. I also added my control panel for the light bar. Yes it's close to the transfer case switch but I'll be moving that anyway.

Also got the cab lights mounted but not wired. I think they turned out really good but I was in a hurry and didn't use any sealant and I probably should have. Oh well

Attachments

Thanks..... trying to get little things done. In the next week or so the bed is going to pafarmer and then the front end is coming off to do all the cooling hoses and 12v Alternator and all the belts plus I have to get the radiator fixed as well.

After that the cab is getting cut and the extended cab will begin.

So i quick wired the cab lights. When I did the parking light with headlights mod I put a connector in right away and just plugged into that. Also a picture of the gauge lights. They look more white in the picture but they are still pretty red not as much as the factory gauges though. They do dim on the low setting and bright on the high setting.....

Attachments

Haven't been able to work on the truck much the past week or so. The work will begin Saturday though. The bed is coming off to pafarmer and then it will be off the road for the next month or so. After the bed comes of the entire front end is coming off to work on the engine and plumbing. I have acquired all my parts I do believe. I got every single rubber hose under the hood and will be running all new dot air line through the truck. Then I will be fixing some leaks doing the orings in the hydraulic head while I have it apart I guess and adding coolant filter and moving heater inside. Once that's all done I'll be steam cleaning the engine and painting the entire engine bay and front end. Once the front is buttoned up minus brakes and hubs I'll be starting the extended cab. Lots of good stuff to come

Well it begins...... thanks to pafarmer we got the deuce bed off today. It was relatively easy. I also got to meet shenkmen. Then later this afternoon I went to gibbs house and got the gauge and sending unit to do a fuel pressure gauge in the cab.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to start taking the fenders and hood off.

Attachments

Loaded Power Seats!

Ok so maybe I'm crazy..... but a loaded deuce sounds good no? I was cruising craigslist last night and found a full set of durango black leather seats. 2 buckets and 2 benches.... the buckets are both power seats and the first bench is a 40/20/40 split and the third row is kind of a jump seat..... anyhow I texted this person and they said they wanted $75 for all them now that's a good deal but I asked if they would take $60 since it was in Harrisburg and that's an hour drive they said sure...... so this morning I went and picked them up.... boy are they nice and comfy. Both power seats work and they cleaned up really nice with some simple green. Can't wait to get them in the deuce!!!!!

Attachments

bonedoc

Those seats will look sweet, looking forward to the next installment of pimp my deuce!! Lol, in all seriousness that is very cool. Nice that they will all match for your crew cab project

Not a crew cab.... It's gonna be a extended cab lol........

The next "PIMP" mod will be alpine head unit and kicker speakers and I'm serious..... Can't roll in heavy metal without some heavy metal bahahahahaha

Was feeling lazy this afternoon after I picked up the seats.... I didn't take the front end off yet. Next weekend

I got my gauge panel painted from my buddy streetgliderx. You guys should encourage him to make more of these.... I'm going to have the tach and speedo and fuel level water temp air pressure 24 voltmeter 12 voltmeter engine oil pressure and fuel pressure. I got a 60 psi gauge and sending unit from my other buddy gibbs and that will be engine oil pressure. Then my 120 psi gauge will be my fuel pressure off the injection pump after all the filters. Since I'm running alot of WMO I want a way to watch the filters a bit better. Also swapping out the stock battery charge gauge for a actual 24v voltmeter. All three light holes will be for illumination and I got big warning lights for low air pressure 12v charge light high beam and 4x4 which will go above the dash gauges. My boost and pyro gauges are staying on the column

Attachments

M35A2TN

Yeah I'm doing inside the grill flat black and the chassis flat black. Should look sweet. I hope the behr or valspar turns out good.
I would watch yourself my friend, be better to make a run to O'reily's or Autozone and mix some auto paint and base coat/clear coat it, latex paint will not hold up well over time, keep in mind that it is designed for a house, not a vehicle. Buy some self etching primer and several gallons of flat gray and it shouldn't run you too high. You will appreciate it in the long run.

RAYZER

Good job Dan! If your going to use house paint, make sure it's "behr ultra premium", this has the primer in it and rust inhibitors, I've used it with good results. Use a automotive spray gun, thin 10% with water and paint on a warm day.

Yes I have researched the subject alot and I'm going the house paint way. I painted a she'd 10 yrs ago with bear ultra premium and it still looks good today. To me the house paint is a good option for the body work. I will be using a Wagner hopper painter that holds three gallons and has a 20 foot hose. The engine bay is getting done in flat black grill paint and the uunderneath of the truck is flat black possibly bed liner Idk yet.

tobyS

I'm using the Behr with a small amount of Flotrol and it is working quite well (even at low temperature). Red primer is put on the rust after scraping. I'm rolling the Behr paint on with a small roller, using a brush in corners and am amazed how even it rolls out. It's delicate for about one week, but easy, since I do one area at a time. I see a second coat will be needed, as I do not put it on very thick. This summer a gun will be used for larger areas, but this is working very well, given nights are still in freezing (and I'm outside).

bonedoc

Not a crew cab.... It's gonna be a extended cab lol........

The next "PIMP" mod will be alpine head unit and kicker speakers and I'm serious..... Can't roll in heavy metal without some heavy metal bahahahahaha

My bad on the cab configuration. Lol. Looks great though. Like where you are going with it.

skinnyR1

I think house paint is fine for these as well. They aren't show pieces, in the sense of a spotless flawless vehicle. Makes for easier touch up too. House paint has to be durable, you would figure, since it is, ya know, after all, outdoor grade paint.

Lookin good Dan, those seats are gonna be sweet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks