• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LTT-TQG mounted genset ground stud

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Part of the BII list a grounding stud which was supposed to be installed. The manuals show 2 locations to which it can be installed.
Trailer grounding stud 1.jpg

Front right corner
Trailer grounding stud 2.jpgTrailer grounding stud 3.jpg

Where it is going on this unit
Trailer grounding stud 4.jpgTrailer grounding stud 5.jpg

JRM

I was wondering about this, my 803A is in the back of my Toyota that has a plastic bed liner- is the house ground enough or should I ground the MEP as well?
IMG_20160403_133727.jpg

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering about this, my 803A is in the back of my Toyota that has a plastic bed liner- is the house ground enough or should I ground the MEP as well?
View attachment 624368
Howdy,
If you have it connected to house, then you should have a 4-wire connection. The bonding connection should be disconnected.

The grounding stud is meant for a ground connection for the trailer as it continues on to the ground stud in the generator.

PU-797A = 5kw on LTT-TQG
PU-798A = 10kw on LTT-TQG

Guyfang

Staff member
You can and should run a ground wire from the gen set to a ground rod, driven into the ground. Using the ground from the house is fine, but wha happen, say when your cable to the house is damaged, and you have no ground from the house? The gen set should always have its own ground.

MtnSnow

The gen set should always have its own ground.
Not true here in the USA as that is usually contrary to electrical codes when used as a home backup power source. Yes, a ground rod should be used when operating the generator out in the field.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
OK,

In the field,
ground rod in the ground and connected to generator ground, neutral-ground bond connection in place

To a house,
you are using your panels grounding system, 4-wire connection to your panel, neutral-ground bond disconnected.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I have a 6 awg wire which is hooked at the ground lug terminal which goes out to this ground stud placed on the corner of the trailer flat. The connection is actually at the mounting point on the bottom of the stud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks