• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lube trailer

jasonjc

The data plate on the trailer says its a 2 1/2ton chassi trailer WT. 3000lbs. No "M" nuber given though. The total unit wieght is 5500lbs, so the trailer wieghts more than its load

KaiserM109

Interesting! Thanks for posting those pic's.

Did you notice that it looks like they ran steel brake lines from the stationary axle directly to the wheel cylinders? That doesn't look good. I would be very suspicious of them.

Jason, I will try to get the wasp excluders in the mail today. They're light, easy to mail.

jasonjc

I see what you mean about the brake lines. I plan to strip it down to the fbare frame, sandblast and repaint , rewire, replace seals well you get the idea.The line will be done difrent.

OK I looked in the TM and now see the light.
The arms are soild on the axle, the axle is mounted to the frame with bearings and pivots there. So the brake lines are right. This set up is bad in that both wheels go up and down together. Not the greatest thing for off road. Now if the arm mounted to the axle with bearing and both sides could move independent of each other that would be better I would think.

jasonjc

Recovry4x4 said:
Not the greatest thing for off road
No need to take your lube unit 4 wheelin. Just park it at base camp. Wanna bring it to the FL Rally?
I'd love to, as soon as you move FL closer to me. With all the great events and stuff in the south east, I would love to move over there. Just gotta hold out for the powerball :lol:

KaiserM109

I was wrong about the steel lines; there is a flex line from the body to the axle and the axle moves with the brake plate. They do look a little vulnerable, though.

I am planning to take an M105 I bought that was stripped down and make a trailer to pull behind my 1 ton PU. I would like to lower the deck which is why I was interested in seeing the underside. We might try to duplicate what they have done.

One more question, is there a shackle at the thin end of the spring?

In picture 1087, I see where one of your dogs marked the wheel! My son and I were lashing down a tarp and he pulled up the end of the rope and said "Why is the end if this rope wet?" It had been hanging down by the wheel.

jasonjc

If anybody whats a lube trailer now is the time. There are 30-40 on GL right now in VA, bidding ends tomrow. If any one here get one and what to part it out let me know. Daid Doyle is looking for parts too I think. And they are going cheap.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am bidding on one too they are so cool if I win it anyone in Virginia want to pick it up till I come home?
Otherwise I have to find my oldest son...somewhere in Canada now? and have him pick it up.

My last four GL #s are 4819