• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lubricating and Service Trailer, ENG-3

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Guys, I just pulled the ENG-3 out today to it give a wash. It came in from Goose Creek about a month ago. Haven't started it yet, it had been in dry storage since being almost completly rebuilt in Luxembourg. It came with all of it's records in a very nice woodland camo record book. It's virtually new. It got a new coat of Sand Carc in 05. Bateries are new and the records say they are dry charged. I need to buy acid. It was also manufactured right here in the valley (Phoenix) by Elliot Machine Works in 1969.

I love this thing. It's going to be very valuable servicing the Motor Pool.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very Nice mine had all the lights stripped off and many bolts removed. Adam was kind enough to bring it up to my home but I have not laid eyes on it. I am quite sure mine has a newer rebuilt engine in it too. Does yours have the electronic ignition? Judging from the pictures you must be a great parker to get all of those vehicles in that small garage.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding!

mangus580

Looks great!!

David, thats a negative on the electronic ignition... unless they mounted it differently in these units.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice! Looks like it's almost brand new! Must be the dry air in the Southwest.

I would never have a purpose for something like that - not enough vehicles yet. Maybe if I open my own Jiffy Lube company for military vehicle owners. Yeah, I'll call it, uh, "Lube, Military, DS and GS Maintenance-Specified, Jiffy."

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the great replies,

Ryan, these lift right off the trailer. I seem to remember some pictures on here of one of these in Vietman on the back of a deuce or pipe truck. Would be easier to transfer one.

Bjorn, Thanks for the info, funny thing, the tanks are all new inside and have not had anytrhing in them since rebuild. But there was water in 2 of them. In the picture from the front you can see that the drain plugs from those 2 tanks are sitting between the lids of the right and middle tanks.

It just got here to the desert, it had been in dry storage in Europe, Luxenbourg.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks