• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lunette and Pintle height?

OldWarHorse

I need to put the Pintle on my truck for my new M101A3 trailer, and I expect I will be getting the MV trailer fever and need to prepare for multiple trailers.
So my question is about the height of the connections. Do most trailers such as the 101 and M116 need the Pintle at the same height or should I purchase a Pintle that will adjust to various heights for different trailers? Or have multiple pintles set at different heights.

thanks for any advice

OldWarHorse

Thanks for the replies and pointing to the similar threads. I need to work on my search parameters.
It doesn't completely resolve my question, but good info.
I will continue searching the forums and researching.
thanks again.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The m101 and m116 are basically the same chassis. The only time it would differ would maybe be a an old one w/o the surge brakes. I haven't moved mine off the top "setting" since I've owned it. I have pulled 105s, 101s, and 1102s.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A multiple height adjustment will be the best, I move mine between 2 different trucks and a tractor across the M101, 105 and 1101. All use a different height when I really want to level them out.