• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lunette lock?

notquitemusashi

i can find trailer locks for ball type hitches, but is there anything to secure lunettes against theft? it is a pain to pull the lunette every time i park the trailer

Pinz25086

Buyers Products makes a draw bar lock. It goes through the eye and locks with a common master lock. I have bought them at the local truck parts house here in Orlando. I believe that the part number was BDL253 but you may want to check that before you order one.

Wayne

notquitemusashi

sweet, thanx. i asked around at a few places locally and they looked @ me funny. " who steals lunette style trailers"

i will get one on order,

thanx again

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i might try and make up one of those or at least do that chain thru thing. i have many locks with keys just sitting on the shelf. i would hate to lose some of my trailers to crack heads or twickers :twisted:

telwyn

I have this lock from this seller on Ebay. I like that it surrounds the padlock better than the other lock mentioned above and gives better protection against bolt cutters.

Jake0147

i asked around at a few places locally and they looked @ me funny. " who steals lunette style trailers"

Certainly not the same people who snatch up unattended snowmobile trailers. The people who want trailers with lunette rings probably have torches and a welder stowed on the truck they're hauling it away with anyhow. They have the knowledge and tools with them to undo your lock, the equipment to move your trailer quickly and confidently, no matter how big and heavy, and odds are they have an indoor facility to keep the trailer until it's unidentifiable.

IMHO Chains wrapped in the lunette and a master lock will keep the honest people honest.

blybrook

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone tried a "DaPlug" by Gus Hill Industries?

I subscribe to Farm Show Magazine and there was an article about these locks a few issues back. Now that I have one of these types of hitch's, was looking at different locking options when I found this one.

Sure looks like a decent setup & better than a standard padlock; but may end up going with the padlock after looking at the price!

Their website is http://www.trailerlocksonline.com

blybrook

Ok, here's an update on my previous post. I was contacted by the owner of DaPlug and offered a review / test session after discussion about the extreme temperatures I live in. So far, the lock has been great to prevent theft or trailer access (I've purposely permitted people to attempt lock removal). I have yet to try it in brutal conditions (-50*, etc), but so far it's stood up to a couple of home brew tests at 40*F. It cannot be put into a bolt cutter assembly of any type that I've been able to get my hands on as of yet.

Here are a couple of pictures of the lock on my M105.

Bill

Attachments

number9

How are you guys wrapping the chains through the lunette? Are you changing the factory hooks out? cause they won't fit through the lunette ring.

Pawnshop

How are you guys wrapping the chains through the lunette? Are you changing the factory hooks out? cause they won't fit through the lunette ring.

When I want to secure my M416 to the truck I pass the hook all the way through the securing loop on the truck and pass the lock through the chain, off the truck I use a separate piece of chain or a commercial lunette lock.

Attachments

namedpipes

In my town most of the unauthorized scrap metal reclamation is done by illegal aliens. They seem to stay away from things painted in olive drab. They have managed to snag a Cherokee and an Olds that weren't blessed with the OD, though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks