• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LVOSS launcher

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
party pooper

Well there is always one party pooper in every crowd. I guess thats me today.

I'm all for having fun with rockets but you better check with your state and local rules and reg's regarding launching anything from the smoke launchers electrically.

In most states and in most cases , federal regulations consider anything that uses a gun powder or propellant to launch it starts to become a weapon. Anything over 1/2 in diameter is a DD. Anything containing more than a 1/4 oz of explosive compound is a DD Anything with a barrel with and overal lenght under 16" not classified as a pistol can be concidered a AOW.
Even launching a rocket sideways in most states is against the law.

I'm just playing devils advicate.
Everythings fun untill you poke an eye out.

Just my .02's worth.
I'd hate to see anyone get in trouble.

:soapbox: stepping down now

BH/CC
Just to post another idea for shows and parades. I was watching one of the car shows on Motortrend, and they rigged up an air tank with an electronic valve and it spit out confetti rather impressively. It spit it out pretty far.

Might keep the ATF off your back, these days they are looking for anything to charge people with. I can envision the local revenue collectors writing tickets for littering for exercising such a setup.

Panchotheking

I am making some replica M7 LVOSS launchers for My HMMWV. M82 smoke grenades can't really be bought so I was thinking about launching 2.5" Model rocket motors out of it so at night you can put on a cool show if you wanted, or just let the launcher look cool on its own.
I am curious if anyone else has any interest in some. I enjoy projects so I would build them for no cost minus parts.
Let me know i want one

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
IMO.... and here it goes.

One might be better shooting candy pieces out with compressed air. Kids love that stuff at parades. Or cheap little stuff toys, colorful necklaces??? I can see them now running, screaming, climbing over one another to get at the prize. Grandpa too. I'am sure they will remember that HumV .

Years ago with the fire department, Fourth of July parade, the trucks at the end...🚒 It was a battle between all the towns kids and college students with water balloons, squirt guns, engineered water throwers (think wet flame) with all out sirens and light LOL, kinda MAD MAX event. Guess who won ? Too much fun. They don't do that anymore. 😢

On the other hand, running and ducking on the nightly news with rockets, 2023.🚀💥

Could be fun ? I do love a good project. Yea... Buzz kill me, CAMO

Crapgame

I was asked about launching pre-rolled t-shirts during local Mardi Gras parades by a local Krewe displaced by Katrina. I don't want to gut out my original aluminum housings to fit a pressure valve, so a pattern for sand casting is in the works. Turret gunner will have boxes full of prerolled T Shirts to reload the LVOSS barrels, held tight by thin clear plastic shrink wrap tubing, one ball valve for each side to launch 4 shirt salvos or pull them both to launch a full 8 shirt spread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks