• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LVS MK48 anybody on here get one today?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Man, $8700? I take it these were out in CA though right? If only one of those would have popped up out here 6 months ago. I'd have a MK48/MK17....

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
at least 60 more coming thru......think 5g's should be max for these
If you think you'll get one for $5K, you are mistaken...unless they are parts trucks. If they go for $5K, I am going to own at least two, I can assure you of that.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be shocked to see 5K. There's really no predicting what will happen.:shock:

Logistics

:shock:My Mk48 front unit was a little more than 5k, well a lot more. But it was remac'd in 2010 and shows 48 hours. Now I need a rear end for it. Two Mk17 WAJAX now up in CA but they look beat and IT is a long way. Any ideas for a resource for a variant especially the Mk16 fifth wheel very welcome.

Last edited:

kmfcap

I'm sure there are, only problem is, why would you want one if you don't have the trailer...they're pretty much useless without one. Most of the trailers that were sold in the Socal area ended up as scrap metal.
From reading the posts here it looks like the few that are left aren't up for sale at a reasonable price and more than a few are rolling scrap. Just my opinion....let's see what happens.

kmfcap

I'm sure there are, only problem is, why would you want one if you don't have the trailer...they're pretty much useless without one. Most of the trailers that were sold in the Socal area ended up as scrap metal.
From reading the posts here it looks like the few that are left aren't up for sale at a reasonable price and more than a few are rolling scrap. Just my opinion....let's see what happens.

M1031CMT

I would buy one without the trailer in a heart beat if the price was decent.

I really hope they sell for only $5k each (though I doubt it). If so I would buy at least 2 of them.

kmfcap

Over 1000 of the LVS 's were delivered to the Marines........wonder how many will end up on GL?

Logistics

The current Wajax/mk17's in CA are far away and beat up. I am looking for one of the variants on the east coast. Agree that the market is easier for the power units than the rear units. Otherwise might make up a pintle or mount to hook on an 872 from Mechanisburg. All help much appreciated.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You cant drive the power unit more than 10 MPH without a rear body unit on it.. Bad things will happen if you go over 10 MPH.

Logistics

That makes good sense. The geometry certainly looks that way. Has anyone mounted a trailer (a non-Oshkosh trailer) behind a Mk48?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks