• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LVS Trailers by Oshkosh

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey if any of you guys got one of the MK17 Trailers out at FT Riley today, it is as they say on the site "no load out assistance available" GL no longer has access to the large fork truck, DRMO got mad at them and no longer will let them play with their toys. When I was out there last week they had no idea how a buyer would get one out of there. Hopefully Robert has come up with a plan on who you could hire to help load. Gl only has to little fork trucks out there and one of them is hard tired and doesn't go out on the back lot.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the same ratio. Rears are 5.43 and the front is 6.44. Took out the front driveshaft. With locking rears and differentials, don'tt have much problem moving around though.

evo45

That is an awesome set-up pctrans. Did you just cut the frame of the 5 ton off and weld on some plates to bolt the trailer to? Also did you make a custom hydraulic system to power the trailer? I live in Port St Lucie and need to get out to one of the mv shows or parades. I would like to see this beast in action!

NEIOWA

exbrown

hey exbrown i haven't been around but i have a ml17 and a a tow bar.

Hey, I see that you are in SC too. I will have to stop in and see you sometime.

How does your trailer pull using the towbar? What did you do to the trailer before you started towing it? I have not pulled mine yet.

Jay

turnerman

pulls fine but to heavy to use behind the duece. i removed the crane for use on the deuce chasis and am planning a dump trailer with the bed of the mk17.

exbrown

So how much for the real deal towbars?

For one in good condition, $400. I do not think that I have any left that have not been promised. I did not think that they would be as popular as they have been, or I would have stocked up.

I may be getting a couple that are supposedly a little dinged up, and slightly bent. I was told that they are still serviceable, but I have not seen them yet, and do not know how much they will be. Obviously they will be MUCH cheaper, or I will not be interested in them.

I am delivering one of the good ones to the Ga Rally. If I end up getting the dinged up ones, I will post pictures and bring them to the Ga Rally also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks