• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1008 pump issues

1-tonmudder

I recently bought another M-1008 and I was told prior to purchase it had injector pump issues.I went to pick it and with a boost it started and I was able to drive it on the trailer.We got to the shop and it started back up,but after a couple of trips around the block it would not take any fuel,just idle.

You can hold the pedal to the floor and the RMP's never get above an idle.Any idea what I could try before I take the pump and have it rebuilt??It appears to have a new fuel filter on it,but the lift pump lok original.Truck has 64K on it.

Westech

CPL
you can try a lift pump but it sounds like the injector pump has some sort of internal problem. best bet is just to get a used one or look on ebay... there new ones all the time for couple hundred.