• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1010 Ip bad?

bo911miller

My m1010 started running rough a few weeks ago at the deer lease. It started white smoking then died like the key was turned off. I figured it was the fuel filter so I changed it to no avail. The truck would run untill it warmed up and then die each time with white smoke . If you let the truck sit for 15 min and cool down it will run for a little while. Next I changed the fuel pump as it was leaking around the seals. Same results. I noticed that the fuel filter base leaking diesel from the middle sensor so it was changed to a Fm100 fuel filter base. The truck seems to run stronger now but now dies if you rev the engine really fast and let off the throttle. The truck will restart immediately if it is not warm otherwise as soon as it gets warm it blows white smoke and dies. I have also pulled the return hose on the injection pump and inspected. I don't see diesel leaking anywhere. Is it time for a new ip pump?

bo911miller

I have removed the pink wire on the ip and you can hear it atcuating when the engine is cold . I have also pulled the pink wire after the engine died, when it was warm and you could hear solnoind working then. I am at a loss. Please help.

Barrman

The rev it up, let off and engine dies always means the IP is in need of work. The turning off when hot is often the solenoid controlled by the pink wire. SOunds like you do need a new IP.

Where in Texas are you?

Barrman

Look up Stanadyne dealers for your area. I found a guy in Bryan that will do it for $500. There are cheaper ones on Ebay but by the time you figure in shipping, they come pretty close to the same thing. Talk to your local tractor repair places too. Same basic IP as what a lot of tractors use. The pump rebuild is basically easy. The hard part that you will pay for is the tuning and balancing once it is back together and getting tested. Look for a place that can do flow test on the DB-2.

acesneights1

Put a clear piece of tubing on the return line and look for air bubbles before you condem the IP. If no air your Pump is probably dead. I would also test LP pressure . If the LP pressure is weak it will run really bad. It needs about 5-7 psi.Lower than 4 can make it lose power. I just went through this with mine.
I actually have an outboard motor fuel tank with a LP ,mounted to it that I use for testing. I connect it right to the IP when I suspect a Fuel system problem. That eliminates everything except the IP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks