• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1010

b4thundr

do a search first! there is lots of info on here just cruise on here for a bit and you'll be amazed at what you will find!welcome to the site.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had one since January and run in to the most common problems. This thread is the best regarding the DUVAC and battery charging issues:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/electrical/37909-m1010-no-more-duvac.html

I was able to follow Lavarok's instructions quite easily and cleared those issues up in no time.

The second major issue I've had is the a/c. Finally got it working only to have the a/c relay go out. There aren't any new ones available so if you lose your's you'll need to find a NOS one somewhere. I think I'm going to forego that and just put a manual switch in as I'm likely to sell my 1010.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Say it ain't so! At the going rate of the NOS relays, I do understand why you might opt for a switch.
If I'm going to sell the truck any way I need to cut my losses while I can. I have extra switches laying around that won't cost anything. Or I might not fix it and just explain the situation to a prospective buyer and give them your contact info for the real part.

K9Vic

<---- See Avatar

Mine is nothing specific to a M1010, just any 6.2L in general as my IP or injectors are bad and has been sitting for a few months. The main problem for the M1010 is what was already posted with the DAVAC.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided to go ahead and sell mine. Currently listed in the Classifieds and on eBay. I'd prefer to trade it to someone versus out right selling it as I think both parties would feel they came out ahead by getting a different vehicle and not having to lay out any cash.

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only problems I've had with my M1010 have been normal CUCV issues (glow plug system, steering/handling/death wobble). I did have to put a new A/C compressor on, but it is just the same type as a civi K30 has.

Mine is 12V, so that eliminates most of the electrical issues with the M1010. However, mine does still have the little blue box on the fender. I don't know if it functions at all at 12V, however.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks