• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 101A3 Ft. Meade First Surplus "Vehicle"

ecupirate

Won my first surplus government vehicle today..well besides two canoes last year. Anyway got a 101A3 out of Ft. Meade. Went solely on pics, it had sides, bows and cover. I got it for 270.00 which I thought was great. Now the process begins not my first EUC so maybe not to painful. Next question is anyone else from nc or va heading up to Meade anytime soon or who maybe won today as well. I may have access to a gooseneck and dually and we can split some costs for a multiple recovery. PM or email michael.j.rouse@gmail.com. later guys

Heavyopp

$270... wow.
I bid on 2 different ones without tops and both went for around $500. I also bid on 1 of the 116a3 frame lots. That lot went for over $500 too.

I was in the 300's. I'm about to give up on bidding -- they just sell for too much.

$270 was a steal.

Was it this one?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]1995 Pribbs Steel & Mfr Mdl M101A3 3/4 Ton 2 wheel cargo trailer VIN 57, with side rails, bows, & cover, **BUYER LOAD** [/FONT]

K9Vic

Isn't that an A2?

Wrong tires and rims and still has the original landing leg.
X2
Yes I would agree that is a A2 by the wheels alone. You cannot rely on the description at GL, you should inspect if you can. If not carefully look at the pictures and pay attention to the wheels. That is the best indication of the series and weight class as I have seen M101 & M105 mixed up as well.

Yeah, I was afraid it was that thrailer when I went back and looked. There where several wrongly marked trailers in this last auction.

But, that still a great deal for an A2 with bow and a tarp. You might even have some fiberglass sides under there.

So, I still think you made out well.

ecupirate

Here is the data plate and it says it is an A2 so I guess it was advertised wrong but 270.00 with everything seemed good to me. I hated to buy without looking but after seeing what others went for I took a gamble. I need one for the spring time work and such around the house and I didn't feel like waiting until something came along at Bragg or Lejuene so I took what I could find. Like anything it is a gamble. Hopefully I will come out on top and it is not rusted out or in need of major work. We'll see...thanks for all the insight guys.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pawnshop

You still scored well! You may find the A2 suits your purposes better than an A3. The A2 is the same width as a CUCV (and a civilian pickup truck) and the A3 matches the track of a HMMWV, which means threading holes in traffic and parking in normal spaces will be tricky with an A3. The downside of an A2 is the space between the wheel wells is just short of 4' which means that a sheet of plywood will not lay flat without mods, in a proper A3 it will lay flat. By proper A3 I mean an A3 axle under an A3 body, there have been a LOT of A2 trailers on GL lately with A3 axles.

unit880

$270 is a steal. I've been trying to buy one here in Ohio and it seems like even without covers, they are going for $350 and up, A1's and A2's. I just want one to haul firewood, but the cover would be nice to keep my wood dry.

Wish I lived closer to Ft. Meade. Man, it seems they are flooding the market over there.

R Racing

Well if you find 1 in fort meade concider having it shipped. I have a friend who travels back and forth from glen burnie. To Coolville ohio almost monthly. For some fuel and beer money he may concider it ?

DieselBob

$270 is a steal. I've been trying to buy one here in Ohio and it seems like even without covers, they are going for $350 and up, A1's and A2's. I just want one to haul firewood, but the cover would be nice to keep my wood dry.

Wish I lived closer to Ft. Meade. Man, it seems they are flooding the market over there.
First off welcome to the site. There have been a bunch of trailers coming out of Meade which has kept the price down. When they go back to 2 or 3 at a time the price will go back up to what they are else where. You can also post ahead of time in Government Liquidation/DRMO/GSA » Need item inspection or loadout?! forum to see if someone would be able to make a pickup and hold for you till you can arrange transport. Seeing that you are close to creekside you might be able to swing a deal with someone in this area that needs a load from there. Just an idea.

Last edited:

unit880

First off welcome to the site. There have been a bunch of trailers coming out of Meade which has kept the price down. When they go back to 2 or 3 at a time the price will go back up to what they are else where. You can also post ahead of time in Government Liquidation/DRMO/GSA » Need item inspection or loadout?! forum to see if someone would be able to make a pickup and hold for you till you can arrange transport. Seeing that you are close to creekside you might be able to swing a deal with someone in this area that needs a load from there. Just an idea.
I just might do that...Who knows, maybe Ohio will have bunch coming up like Meade. I'm in no hurry and am having a good time searching the GL site. I'm afraid if I buy a trailer, I might have to get an A2 Duece to pull it (while they still have them)...:grin:

Heavyopp

I just might do that...Who knows, maybe Ohio will have bunch coming up like Meade. I'm in no hurry and am having a good time searching the GL site. I'm afraid if I buy a trailer, I might have to get an A2 Duece to pull it (while they still have them)...:grin:

You talk like this was a bad thing...:grin:

ecupirate

Ok Folks leaving in a short few hours to go recover this bad boy....I hope I have everything I need. Air, tools, tire wrench, big a** can of fix-a-flat, and a good friend. Picking up some tires for my truck in VA and going to be at GL Ft. Meade around 1000 hours. Wish me luck....kinda nervous since this is first recovery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks